Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, i have a Cbr 600 2008 and has leo vince slip on and have it about 8 months now. A few weeks ago i went to my first track day, on a long stretch on the track the bike just wouldnt go over 245kms in 6 th gear almost into limiter.

So i decided to take my bike for a dyno to chck the power output, and it was on par 106hp on the wheels, but strangely the bike could only get to 250 km in 6th gear limiting on the dyno.

I read that these bikes do 275km max. I then assumesd it could be gearing related and checked the rear sprocket 41t and front 16t which is the stock gearing.

So what it could it be then?

·
Registered
470 Posts
How does the bike feel at the top end? Such as is it red lining and not wanting to go further or does it feel like it just levels out, only things I could think with out seeing in person is maybe you don't get 100% turn on the throttle or that in that high end your not getting enough fuel to the cylinders.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called honda and they confirmed rear sprocket is 41t.

From 220km it struggles to get to 245km, at that speed it couldnt go futher and almost at red line in 6 th. On the dyno without my weight it went to 250 km limiting in 6th gear.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Called many places and confirmed even Honda SA 41t stock sprocket. Anyway, i dont think its gearing whether its 41 or 42t, how could the top be restricted to 250km.?

·
Registered
49 Posts
And since I checked 250kmph=158mph-top speed is 165 so you are well within the possibilty that the gearing is off. And idk what track you were on with a straight long enough to reach that speed but wouldn't be suprised if its right on par with factory specs.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
This sounds like a pretty good explanation.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Two things you have to consider.

1. The theoretical top speed is not 275 km. I don't know where you read that but for anybody that wants to know what RPM and gearing transaltes to as far as speed goes can go to www.gearingcommander.com and enter their bike and gear ratio. I know the US bikes have 42 tooth and can post a pic of it but for the purpose of this thread I entered what you said you had, 41T. At about redline you can see the max theoretical speed is 270.6 km which is 168 mph.

2. Horsepower is your other factor. Just because your vehicle is geared to go so fast, does not mean you will reach it without the power to get there. I could re-gear a Honda Civic to have a Top Speed of 200 mph/ 322 km but good luck getting the motor to reach those speeds. Even on a dyno you have to fight the power loss from the drive chain. (Chain, rear wheel, the weight of the rider sitting on the dyno, etc.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts