Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a pretty straight piece of road and took her up to 161 "indicated" mph. man, that's pretty fast, but she still had more in her :twisted: ! I just ran out of balls and straight road! I just want to say that this bike feels totally different after about 120 mph! It lets is able to sum up 100 feet of pavement with just one bump of the fork. sweet bike! Any one else have good top speeds worth mentioning?!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah... no kidding, I looked at the speedo for a mili-second, and when I looked ahead again, it seemed I was in a different time zone! Going that fast is weird though, I wasn't thinking about how fast I was going, my brain was too busy processing all of the information the bike was giving me... like, "Matrix" style!

·
Registered
573 Posts
matt, it is a little different for me. I have been drag racing since I was 15 years old, and over the years, due to the quickness and hi speeds, I have learned to react and as you said "process the information" very quickly. I try not to go to fast (excesive) that often, but every once in a while when all you can see is road it fun to open her up, just be safe with it, and don't trust other drivers on the road.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man, now THAT's fast... you need one hell of a smooth road to get clippin that fast! at about 155 or so, I hit a dip in the road, and I about blacked out from the G's the bike was pulling coming out if it! It was crazy. I mean, my eyes were open but I literally couldn't see for a fraction of a second. I could only imagine what a minor bump would bo to the bike and rider at speeds aver 180 plus! not good!

·
Registered
700 Posts
i know a guy that has a busa all done out, strictly race, and has gotten it to 230mph. :shock: he said you cant even see when your going that fast. he has a tape of that run. i will see if i can get it on the site.

·
Registered
255 Posts
150 indicated

·
Registered
391 Posts
About 87mph because I haven't had it on the track yet and I'm not an a$$hole. I say it all the time, but if you're reaching those speeds on the road (Matt89, Scalarrthu, alanhsu) take it to the track and quit being an a$$hole. Riding like that anywhere but on a closed course is [email protected]#king stupid and really bad for this sport. Everytime some a$$hole gets scraped off the road after an episode like those mentioned it makes it harder on the rest of us just to enjoy riding.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Enough with the preaching!!! We get it!!! It was just a simple question as to how fast have you gone. No need to start talking about people (calling them assholes) every chance that you get just because your able to take your bike to the track. Ive had 3 friends die at the track. Yes its safer than the highway(the track) but face it, our sport (ANYWHERE!!!!) is dangerous. Its nice to look out for your fellow riders and all but chill man!!!! :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
105 Posts
corner worker said:
About 87mph because I haven't had it on the track yet and I'm not an a$$hole. I say it all the time, but if you're reaching those speeds on the road (Matt89, Scalarrthu, alanhsu) take it to the track and quit being an a$$hole. Riding like that anywhere but on a closed course is [email protected]#king stupid and really bad for this sport. Everytime some a$$hole gets scraped off the road after an episode like those mentioned it makes it harder on the rest of us just to enjoy riding.
Dude.... you comin in here and sayin that is not gonna change a thing, im sure they've heard it a million times.... next time just dont click on threads labeled such as "TOP SPEED"...

·
Registered
504 Posts
man

corner worker said:
Yeah...The track is 100x safer. LOL. I think if you know the road and know your bike and you want to get on it like that go for it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Re: man

antpRR said:
corner worker said:
Yeah...The track is 100x safer. LOL. I think if you know the road and know your bike and you want to get on it like that go for it.
I'll try not to get on a soapbox here but guys really; if you are doing 140+ on public roads you ARE kinda being an ******* no matter what the conditions.

·
Registered
353 Posts
"About 87mph because I haven't had it on the track yet and I'm not an a$$hole"

HAHAHA Its a bad Monday here at work and THANK YOU for the laugh!

p.s. Have done 105 indicated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Right when i got the bike a buddy of mine who has had almost 30 bikes or so wanted to see how the at the time brand new to the market 600rr would ride. So I let him hit the straight with it and he came through just hallin bawls. He assured me he saw 170 on the speedo, and he seemed to be 100% sure thats what he read. Whether he was exagerating or the speedo was off but the bike was brand new so not really sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey bklyn. My point is that all of the preaching on every post about going over the speed limit isnt necessary. Unless hes someones pops or something, the subject of the insult (assholes) arent going to change there ways. 8 times outta 10 thats the reason he got the bike(to push it to the limits). There a time a place to vent those frustrations. But the constant preaching on every post about that (highway speeding) is overkill IMHO.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts