Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

I hope I'm not duplicating the same thread - I'm not sure if it was here before ...

I was just curious - what's the top speed that you've hit on your 07 600rr ??? Together with the record speed list your mods that may be affecting your top speed ...

mine is all stock - I could not go any faster then 168mph

PEACE

voy

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know from other forums its supposed to be around 160mph or so. I might be wrong but thats just for stock 600RR

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know from other forums its supposed to be around 160mph or so. I might be wrong but thats just for stock 600RR

well it is wrong - cuz mine is ALL stock - and i just hit 168 mph ...hmmm maybe cuz I waxed it ??? ;)

peace

voy

·
Registered
238 Posts
the speedometer reads about 10% faster then you are actually going so 168mph on the speedometer = 152mph - at least that is the way it is for the earlier models (for safety reasons).. that's why they make speedohealers

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I think the actual top speed is 158 (I think - can't remember....)

I've got mine up to 154 on the highway (indicated) and 133 @ Jennings (track)

·
Registered
152 Posts
the speedometer reads about 10% faster then you are actually going so 168mph on the speedometer = 152mph - at least that is the way it is for the earlier models (for safety reasons).. that's why they make speedohealers
Is this true at all speeds? If I am doing 55mph, your logic = around 50? Or does this kick in at a certain mph range? In my area there are alot of VSCAR speed readers on the side of the freeways, and I have to confess, I have been past at least 10, and they are dead on (+/- 1 mph). How does this relate to your statement?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is this true at all speeds? If I am doing 55mph, your logic = around 50? Or does this kick in at a certain mph range? In my area there are alot of VSCAR speed readers on the side of the freeways, and I have to confess, I have been past at least 10, and they are dead on (+/- 1 mph). How does this relate to your statement?
It's usually after 100mph that the speedo is off... thats what ive been told atleast.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
It's usually after 100mph that the speedo is off... thats what ive been told atleast.
It's off at ALL speeds just worse at higher speeds.

like 0-50 is 2%, 50-90 is 5%, 90-130 is 8% 130++ is 10%

Or SOMETHING to that effect, not EXACT NUMBERS!

Also off anytime your corners, it's all about the tire profiles.

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
Golly, yet another top speed thread. If your doing on the street you should sell your motorcycle becuase your not smart enough to own one.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Golly, yet another top speed thread. If your doing on the street you should sell your motorcycle becuase your not smart enough to own one.
TheX - yes I do it on the street - no worries though I didn't do it on Park avenue nor did it on Lexington during rush hour ;) ( if you don't know those are streets in Manhattan, nyc )

I do the right thing ( at least try to ) and I got to that speed in Nassau, Suffolk Long Island - if that tells you anything - if not there is such a LOOOOONG straight road, two lanes right by the water = no pedestrians, no traffic PLUS I did it when it was like ... 2-3 am so yeah, keep on making comments like that w/o knowing what/where how it was done ...

PEACE

voy

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ive had my '07 to 130... so far. I had my '02 F4i to 145 and my YZF600R to 150. 150 is the fastest ive gone..... and yes TheX, it was on the street, but I can assure you that I am plenty smart enough(and skilled enough) to own my bike. If you want to come on out to Phoenix, id be more than happy to prove it to you ;)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Just to show TheX and the rest - what kind of "street" we are talking about ...

voy

·
Registered
478 Posts
Dont worry about TheX, thats just his opinion, it really doesn't mean much.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dont worry about TheX, thats just his opinion, it really doesn't mean much.
I know cal2az ;) it just bothers a little when people make such a statements ... it's like hearing people say " oh motorcycles are dangerous " ... well walking on the street in Brooklyn or the Bronx can be dangerous too ... depends where and how you walk ... = )

peace

SO ANYBODY ELSE - I was hoping to hear from people who have power commanders on their 2007 600rr and / or some after market exhausts - wanna hear from you people - what's the top speed after upgrading those ???

voy

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've been up to 160 on a long back country road near my home...I would have needed a down hill slope to go faster :) By the way...just because your using safety as a paltform...If your being rude, it's still being rude!

·
Registered
238 Posts
It is going to be closer to your actual speed when you are going slower, the faster you go the more inaccurate the speedometer reads.. I am not sure about bikes, but there used to be a law stating that buses/trucks/etc. must have a speedometer that reads 5mph within the actual speed (if it is going 50mph), so in theory if the bus is going 100mph it shouldn't read more then 10mph off your actual speed

they make the speedometer read higher for safety reasons, they do it on all bikes.. but if the speedlimit was 60, i would always go (based on my speedometer) 66 - I usually keep it about 10% higher then the speedlimit

·
Registered
173 Posts
Speedometer from the factory is roughly 7-10% off at all speeds. Of course the faster you go the more the speed is off (10% of 100mph is more then 10% of 50mph, etc). My speedo at 55mph is 4mph fast, at 100mph it will probably be about 8mph fast, so mine is about 8% off. I just changed tires so I don't know how that is going to effect it, not sure if the powers are taller or shorter then the dunlops.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Also at high speeds the rear tire is actually slipping slightly and since the speedometer sensor is on the coutershaft sprocket the error is increased.
haha....the wheel is slipping at higher speeds? i would certainly hope not

Try the tire is expanding at higher speeds. Ever see a funny car warm up its tires? The faster it spins the taller it gets. That's the error you're getting.

These speedo's aren't that far off. I'd say if you're seeing 168 you're probably doing at least 160.....on the stiffer stock tires that is.

Only had mine up to 140 or so...

1 - 20 of 147 Posts