Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried search the topics but could not find anything on topspeeds. Apologies if it has been posted before. What have you guys done, what is the top speed on the 600RR. I am still new to my bike and dont plan on testing at the moment but just curious.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Depends. What year RR. What gears you running... And by the way, the speedometer is not accurate at high speeds so dont off of that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hit 150 on a flat smooth road. It feels strange when you get back down to 55. I was out on a back country road and I think thats all she had in her, kinda lost my edge when I could see the big curve in the road coming up real fast. Thats with stock gears on a 2006 600RR (just read the last post)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you guys mean 72 and 150? How much does it equal to in kilometres ? Im not located in the United states. I have only had my bike for a month now and havn't seen over 180km's yet.

·
Registered
533 Posts
jree is that on a stock bike?

i think when yall are telling the top speed you should say your weight and if you have tuned the bike or not. all those are a factor.

the only way to get an accurate speed reading is with a speedo healer correct?

why is the speedohealer so much more accurate on a stock bike if you havent changed a thing? just curios

·
Registered
534 Posts
When I reached 155mph(speedo indicated) it was with a stock 06 CBR. I do know I hadn't reached redline yet. I"m 5'11"/175lbs.

The bike isn't stock now and I haven't tried it since.

·
Registered
176 Posts
142 indicated on a 2004 with a speedohealer and -1 in the front. I'm sure she had more, just takes a little longer when you're already going that fast. Fast enough for me though, that's for sure!

·
Registered
38 Posts
mine was 263km/h which is around 160mph and it would not go any faster. it would go up to 263 then back down to 261 because of wind resistance. i had a monster textile jacket then but soon ill have a small leather alpine-stars and a yosh on my 04 so it might be a little faster. cant see it tho.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
damn 163 thats pretty good on a 600 i think, right?

how does that compare to the other brands?

i never got the oppotunity to see what my 04 could do but i did do 109 and i was just barely going through the gears and then shifting.

·
Registered
122 Posts
my 05 will do 167 on the limiter in 6th gear. im -1 down in the front with a speedohealer that is dead on at 150 mph. we tested it on a dyno when it was installed.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts