Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so i got my yoshi slip on, and the instruction says to use the torque wrench.(i don't got one) did anyone did the install without the torque wrench?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
If Yoshi recommends you torque the bolt you need to do just that. You need one anyway. How are you adjusting your chain? You need one to retorque the rear axle nut so maybe it's best to just buy one for $30. Go rent one if you have to at AutoZone.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Since we're on the topic, I don't have one either and I adjusted my chain without it. Is that bad?? And $30 where? I saw one for like $75 and said screw it but I'll do $30.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
TexasRR said:
Since we're on the topic, I don't have one either and I adjusted my chain without it. Is that bad?? And $30 where? I saw one for like $75 and said screw it but I'll do $30.
The reason you need to torque the axle nut is because you have 4 bearings in the rear axle. Too tight or too loose will burn the bearings up. Get a price on replacing those bearings and a $30-75 torque wrench is a steal!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I see, hopefully I haven't ruined anything yet. I guess I'll be heading to Sears or Home Depot soon. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are the foot pounders the ones that are like $80, I'm a cheapa$$ guys, I'm lookin to go pretty cheap. I was thinkin Sears or Home Depot, any other places that might be better?

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
lord_caffeine said:
Craftsman, while not the best torque wrenches have a lifetime guarantee.
Actually it's only 1 year on torque wrenches, still it's what I bought.

Jason

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are you broke as balls from buying your bike lol or just a cheap person in general.

TexasRR said:
Are the foot pounders the ones that are like $80, I'm a cheapa$$ guys, I'm lookin to go pretty cheap. I was thinkin Sears or Home Depot, any other places that might be better?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow i paid $13 bucks for mine with a lifetime warranty from a tool shop. I'll try and see if they have a website or will ship out. I almost paid $80 for a crasftman and a mechanic for a ford dealership that i go to told me about this shop. I would not loosen my axle bolt if i didn't have a torque wrench, don't be cheap and spend a little bit of money.

·
Registered
381 Posts
NewRedRider said:
The reason you need to torque the axle nut is because you have 4 bearings in the rear axle. Too tight or too loose will burn the bearings up. Get a price on replacing those bearings and a $30-75 torque wrench is a steal!
What is the correct torque setting for the rear axle? I lost my manual.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I'm cool with Craftsman... I buy a lot of their tools, seems like the quality is there for me and most of the time the lifetime warrenty does come into play.

Jason

·
Registered
187 Posts
JetBlackRR said:
Are you broke as balls from buying your bike lol or just a cheap person in general.
Bought my 06 in full, cash money, so yea you could say it broke me. I've just been spending a lot on that bike man, helmets, mod after mod, the mods just keep coming man! It's an addiction and now I'm trying to save some cash so I'm trying real hard to be cheap!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts