Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Toseland to BKS Leathers

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  repsol ronnie 
#1 ·
From Crash.net,

Reigning double World Superbike champion James Toseland will wear British-made BKS leathers during his rookie 2008 MotoGP season with Yamaha Tech 3.

"They call the new BKS leathers the Saville Row suit of MotoGP and I'm proud to be representing a British manufacturer in the world championship," said Toseland. "I want to stand alongside Valentino Rossi at the [upcoming] Sepang test and for him to ask me who made such fantastic leathers."

Toseland has so far appeared in red and white during winter testing with the satellite Yamaha team, but the colours and design could presumably change by the time the season starts - particularly if Tech 3 secures a title sponsor.

Toseland previously raced with Arlen Ness leathers.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know if Rossi will be giving Toseland compliments about his leathers or not. I doubt he'll notice..... LOL.

#3 ·
^^ True

Yamaha still sponsered by fiat this year. And if so are they running the same scheme?

#4 ·
Toseland is riding for Tech 3. Not the Factory Yamaha Fiat team. I'm not sure on what there scheme will be with new sponsors maybe coming in(Tech 3).

#13 ·
Toseland has to do some good in those three years to get a better ride or he will be right back to superbike. Ask bayliss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.