Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 600rr and anytime I am below 7k and I wax the throttle all the way the bike completely bogs out then out of nowhere it takes off...this isnt the normal low end no nut the bike acts like a valve isnt opening would a malfuctioning exhaust valve cause this or should I look else where? Could I also look at the gas that we have been getting latly with the 10% ethanol? anybody elses bike do this....and I repeat it is a total loss of power

·
Registered
5 Posts
yo whats up i have an 03rr and my bike was doing the same thing till about 5500,( thats when the second set of injectors kick in, not sure about your year though) i had a bad coil so i wasnt getting spark to one of my sparkplugs, i would first check all your connectors to the coils then check the coils on the plug. dont know if itll help ya but its worth a try, let me know if you have any questions

·
Registered
551 Posts
so i am guessing evokilla that out quick try at a fix did not work..?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no pimpin it did not work...gonna try checkin my plugs and what not will let you know....i don't think my secondaries come on until 6k but dont quote me on that...anybody else with similar problems let me know this is really pissin me off

·
Registered
283 Posts
it may have been wattered down gas, the station may have had a bad underground tank that was letting watter in. try a new tank of fuel

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
you shouldn't just wack the throttle open, rev it gradually. you'll actually accelerate better if you twist the throttle progressively and smoothly at the right rate vs. overloading the ECU with TPS info. i never just flat-out wack the throttle open, i guess cuz i rode carbureted bikes for years and that a big no-no with carburetion (it just gives a big lag and then shoots you out after the delay).

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I kinda just thought it was a fuel problem but the bike really shouldn't fall on its face from crackin the throttle like that its never done it before I don't really agree with the ecu overload thats what EFI is designed for...instant fuel

D

·
0 Posts
If it's never done it before, it could just be bad gas or a cylinder out and not firing. Fuel problems can show up any time after you put new gas in. It could also be a problem with the exhaust valve temporarily closing on you.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Do u have any aftermarket fuel management hooked up; ie. PCIII etc?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no power comander just the S/O...see I was thinking that it was the exhaust valve because it doesn't break up it just acts like its really restricted....has there been known problems with the exhaust valve???

D

·
0 Posts
Only if you've messed with it. Have you tried doing the servo removal on your bike?

D

·
0 Posts
How long ago was this "one time"? I'd take it apart and make sure the flapper is connected right and that the servo isn't closing the valve when you get on the throttle.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
checked it out looks fine to me the alignment mark is in the right spot.......starting to think it was just bad gas....I have heard alot of people bitchin sense they switched to 10% ethanol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts