Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some *if you remember* i was the dumb*ss who was going 120mph and hit a rear end of the car straight on and survived only with a fractured ankle. I havent seen the bike yet (still at the towing place waiting for the insurance agent to go check it out)

although it is fully covered by insurance is it worth fixing it up??? or just get a used or new bike?

also does motorcycle license affect car license?

thanks

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
let them total it... and if its fixable, buy the bike from the insurance company... then, you'll have to bikes... and then u can sell me ur salvaged bike...

·
OG
19,115 Posts
if you bought the GAP insurance when you bought the bike, i say total it out and you will get all your money back from your down payment and whatever else you paid. take the money and just get a new bike.

·
Registered
419 Posts
the bike will be totaled and yes a car and motorcycle license is one in the same.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
o2sys, you got screwed by yourself, I guess. Your insurance company paid out more than you paid in. And yes, every insurance company will run your driving record (including claims for and against you). It does suck, and this is one of the best arguements for track days.

Buy you bike back, if it is worth fixing. Build it for track and you do not have to insure it. The money you save in insurance will help you pay for track days. Do this for a couple of years (2-3) and then go try to get insurance again. I am betting right now your insurance will go through the roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts