Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

There are a few deep scratches where I think a previous owner attached a gear indicator (and made a bit of a mess of it) - see picture, which I now watch to 'touch up'.

I've found a few third party companies that sell a touch up paint ('temple black') designed to colour match the frame.
Does anyone know if this would be the same colour used for this metal fixture aswell? As far as I can see Honda don't sell a specific touch up paint for this.

Also, I'm guessing using a craft paint brush would be the correct method for application?

Thanks

·
BOTM Winner 03/14
2,497 Posts
The paint code for the frame and swing arm is called temple black and the paint code is nh461m. I know cause I painted my mids that color after I went down Part number through a honda dealership for a touchup bottle is 08p50-nh461m-pn. hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey all, just bumping this incase anyone else has any ideas. It's definitely not temple black which is more of a graphite black than this colour, which is more of a bluey-black.

The exact part number is 64501MEE000 and its name is 'STAY A, UPPER COWL' if that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts