Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dontknow: i dont know guys. im thinking about painting my red 05 to black.
all the graphics are gone, tank and all (yes i had it painted, yes it was cleared on) the only thing thats on it are some HRC stickers towards the front (where the rc211v stickers are on the big boys ).
OK i saw a flat black 03 and it looked good to me but i just wanted to know what you guys thought.

i like red, i like black.... i just dont know what to do.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Go with black. The flat black one you are talking about might be scrappy's. Look in the bike of the month to see it. I think it was Feb. I love the look of his bike.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Dr.Spank said:
everybody in here knows that if you paint it all black it adds 5hp....always bet on black!
Common knowledge. Black is the fastest RR out.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I'd say black. But then again, being an all black RR owner, my opinion is biased. You could do half black and red like Ive seen some people here do. It looks pretty cool actually. I cant think of his name, but there was a guy from Canada who did it. Looked pretty cool. Someone else did a red front with a black tail that also looked pretty good.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i think black looks real good when all cleaned up. If you can't decide maybe go with black and a few red decals like my 954 i just finished up: (those decals are all factory just different years and color codes i put together make for a real good lookin custom scheme i think)

·
Registered
150 Posts
stand steady man, don't let those on the 'dark side' corrupt you :icon_lol: ...they DON'T call it 'ride black' for a reason...

since 99% of the guys are for black I'll just throw one opinion against it...a lotta bikes looks 'good' in black...think about it...the raven R1, the old 10r, the new gixxer 600s, etc and the list goes on...but for some reason (excluding only the Ducs imo) red seems to only look really good on the Hondas... how many 'RED' r1's do you see on the street...or kawasaki's or Suzuki's...while Red is a really popular color for sportscars, in the bike world, it BELONGS to Honda...

Honda was made for red and red for Honda...ride red man...or I guess, CONTINUE to ride red:biggrin: ...
but that's just my opinion with a little sarcasm thrown in...I'm sure the black would look really pimp, show pics if you do go through with the switch!

·
Registered
85 Posts
black looks great when it's just been washed, but any kind of dirt and you can tell right away. I bought a black (love it), but I'm getting tired of wiping sh*t off of it everytime I ride. Also since you can get an all black factory - be unique go with the all red.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
TryumphRR said:
Almost forgot (can't be a complete trader) - you will loose a substantial amount of horsepower with the all red! Tough Choice.
Nice Save TryumhRR you almost got your playa card revoked

·
Registered
787 Posts
if i were to paint my bike, it would be pearl white

IMO, if youre gonna spend money and paint your bike, paint it something thats unique....black is kinda common (even though its flat black..its still black!)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts