Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not really a tough question, but I've been debating and can't decide.

Keep in mind that I live in Iowa currently, winters can get pretty shitty here.

I'm looking at 2 options.

Option 1. (my favorite option)
Buy a 600rr and a winter beater truck to haul dirt bikes/600 to the track.

Option 2.
Buy some sort of AWD turbo'd car such as a dodge stealth and hope that it will be fine during the winter.

So just give me some of your opinions. I'm probably going to end up going with Option 1 because I'm not truly happy unless I'm on 2 wheels...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a garage you'd be able to keep the bike in over the winter? That'd be a big consideration for me.

I'd favor option 1 as well since you get better fun (sportsbike > most attainable sportscars) as well as better utility in the truck rather than an okay job at both. just my .02
4 stall garage. with 2 stalls dedicated to toys :) one has a '79 vette. and the other has the dirt bikes. So I could make some room.

option 1, for reasons you already said at the end of your post.
2 wheels just puts the biggest smile on my face :banger:

that's a tough one. practicality is not my expertise, I say go with the fast and fun car lol.
Yeah, it's a tough decision for me!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just bought a bike and my car is a beater. But once I start my full time job in July, I can just lease a car (not that I really need one since I'll be commuting by train). So for me, I bought the toy before the necessity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Commute?

Personally, I use my bike to commute to work most days so it made sense when I purchased my CBR. I also save on gas which is outrageous these days. Definately the most fun transportation in my book. However, I have a car as an alternative on days when the weather does not permit riding. I would advise you think practically when making this type of investment. Do you have an reliable alternative?

Just my 2 cents. Hope it works out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts