Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the orlando so its hot, and when I ride my bike and the temp is 200f or over roughly when I go to start the bike its having a tough time starting like it not getting enough power. it eventually starts but why the rough start? im pretty sure its electrical related and not mechanical and I just replaced the battery last feb. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Does the starter motor sound change?

Or is just just difficult to start as in it will crank over but not catch?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Almost positive unless it's having trouble when it's cold too.

Not to say its not something else but that is the most common issue for this description

Sent from iPhone motorcycle app.
If he's going to replace the R/R, replace it with an FH012AA type regulator.

Much more efficient/reliable than the shunt based regulator (ie. what we have stock).

The only time a R.R will cause these problems is when there is fault inside the R.R and other symptoms include dimming/increasing headlight brightness while running and low battery voltage.

The problems starting is caused by the low battery voltage, not from the R/R.
The only portion that the starting solenoid/starter circuit and the R/R share in common is the battery...

They will never be run at the same time either, the R/R only functions while the engine is running, and the starter should only be used while the engine is stopped.

If you decide to swap with an FH012AA regulator...

http://roadstercycle.com/Shindengen FH012AA Regulator upgrade kit.htm

I am in no way affiliated with the seller but his set sells for what I purchased just the regulator for. You would just need the basic set up, no need for the fuse as you have a handy fuse box which already does that function perfectly.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
The problem with the 03-04 design is it's right next to the headers and that added heat cause the rect to fail much quicker than it should. Relocate it or swap for an 05-06. This would be the first place to start, if this doesn't fix the problem then next would be to check your starter. The brushes can wear over time and when hot it may cause the starter to not turn over.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have an '04, same issue, cranks like a mo'fo when cold, but over 200 its very slow. Going to try that R/R. Anyone have a link to the exact '05-'06 part? Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts