Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all.

so i've decided that I want to get a toy/model RC211V for my desk at work. Just so that every moment of my life is fully involved with motorcycles. Anyhow, I took a look on ebay, and there are some. The ones made by NewRay are cheap and of poor quality IMO. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a nice quality model.

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
if you go to ebay, you should think about getting the tamiya RC211V. You do have to make it and paint it yourself, but I thought it was all worth it. If you are somewhat crafted I am sure you will enjoy it. The detail on those models are amazing!!!! I am thinking of getting another one actually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kind of hoping to get something I can just take out of the box and put on my desk. everytime I try to paint/assemble those models, i screw em up. thanks tho
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
tron said:
kind of hoping to get something I can just take out of the box and put on my desk. everytime I try to paint/assemble those models, i screw em up. thanks tho
tamiya actually sells some that are already painted and assembled. It is kind of pricey, but worth every dime. IT is VERY DETAILED, because some of the master craftsmen made it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
I have a Newray Duhamell RR and Bostrom RC51 and i think they're great. They're 1:12th scale. There's only mild assembly required. The paint and fitment are good. And the scale makes them look great. For $12 i can't recommend anything better. No experience with the RC211V model from them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
Check out the Minichamps models. They are a bit more expensive at around $50.00, but are very detailed and worth the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Ther are lots of them on ebay. Here's an example of one. They look pretty detailed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts

Here's a Hayden one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts

Ducati. Look in the diecast toy section, they have all kinds and sizes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
silver05 said:
Check out the Minichamps models. They are a bit more expensive at around $50.00, but are very detailed and worth the money.
I second the Minichamps one. They are by far the very best, very acurate and very detailed I have several in various sizes but my very favorite is the 1/6 scale V Rossi 2002 was over $100 and is hugh. I would make sure to stay in the 1/12 scale or bigger, 1/10, 1/9th and of course the 1/6th. ANy thing smaller and the detail is not as good.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
51,143 Posts
check out diecast ( seller name on Egay )

Here is a couple of pictures
of my M*O*T*O*G*P* Collection


 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
51,143 Posts
td_600rr said:
moe that collection is wicked nice, I like[/QUOTE
TD
Glad you like it bro :icon_lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks real good moe. So what is the make of these? There are so many of them, and I know for a fact some of them are crappy.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
51,143 Posts
tron said:
looks real good moe. So what is the make of these? There are so many of them, and I know for a fact some of them are crappy.
Maisto

makes them check out this seller (minineopet )
item # 160054854707 for example

these are the exact 2 ducati's i got
If u need any more info feel free to pm me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,502 Posts
Some of mine, I need to get them ALL together for a family photo :) But here are a few.


The 1/6th actual DIE CAST on top :)




Funny picture of my girls dog sporting as Rossi ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Niner1000RR said:
Funny picture of my girls dog sporting as Rossi ;)
love the pic of the dog!

very nice collection. What is the make of the Repsol bike in the first pic? It seems to be larger than the other

where did you get most/all of them? I'd really like to get a nice detailed one. I had a CBR600 F4 (my first bike), made by NewRay. it was cheap plastic and poorly made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
tron said:
love the pic of the dog!

very nice collection. What is the make of the Repsol bike in the first pic? It seems to be larger than the other

where did you get most/all of them? I'd really like to get a nice detailed one. I had a CBR600 F4 (my first bike), made by NewRay. it was cheap plastic and poorly made.
I am sure that is the 1/6th scale Minichamps Val Rossi 02 bike. I know I have 2 of them. Which is probably the very best model out, even the unit pro link suspension works like the real bike. Most other models just put a spring like a traditional bike.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top