Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need technical info on this issue, I been reading some things about the TPS troubles, let me ask what its in my mind after doing this reading, I brought my bike like a project cause I like to do things from my own, When I start working on my project bike I saw some pats missing and one of those where the relays (all of them) and the TPS sensor, then I read the manual and how to identified the troubles with it, but then I saw the diagarm of the sensor and what a I can understand of it, its that the TPS its mainly a potentiometer attached to the rod that open and close the butterflies form the throtle body, thats why the manual show us two volts main readings, then why its so difficult to adjust or even cahnge the TPS sensor, hope that I was the more clear to explain me:banghead:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
My guess, all potentiometers vary a little and the stock ECU is not programmable at all. So every set of throttle bodies has to be the same voltage reading at idle position on up to full throttle position.

I'm just guessing that they have to set the POT to have certain reading at certain positions. They prob have to rotate the POT to get it within the calibration specs then tighten it. Just a guess and certainly not a fact by any means.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts