Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so my co-worker bought a 05'ZX-10 and turned it into a drag bike, he just got his motor back the other week and he just installed it and it runs//sounds sweet. he got it bored to 1138, got oversized intake valves (left exhaust stock), cams, and got the ports polished..we also got the front forks cut two inches short and added 10 pounds to each of the front forks, this lil baby is gonna haul some ass down the strip :D we still have some remaining things to install, such as the power commander which we just got..we need to get it mapped, and his air shifter and ignition module..then it should be ready for the track :D here's some pics as of right now, i was taking the pictures and the last pic is the owner of the bike.

EDIT: give me a few minutes to upload the pics, the net at work is being slow

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the exhaust valves are stock..not pipe, we got oversized intake valves but left the exhaust ones stock, the pipe is a muzzy

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dcraige said:
It sure is ugly, but if thats what it takes to be fast in a straight line!
who the hell cares what it looks like? if looks were getting me down the track every race it'd be a 5 second bike, the fact that it doesn't look good to you is irrelevant, it's what's been done to the bike to get it down the strip

·
Registered
316 Posts
TrikyWoo said:
who the hell cares what it looks like? if looks were getting me down the track every race it'd be a 5 second bike, the fact that it doesn't look good to you is irrelevant, it's what's been done to the bike to get it down the strip
Then why all the heavy chrome?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
J3rmz731 said:
I don't think the single front rotor is such a great idea.
and exactly how much braking do you have to do compared on the strip to a road course?

·
Registered
316 Posts
TrikyWoo said:
and exactly how much braking do you have to do compared on the strip to a road course?
Why would you remove it? To save weight? You just said you added ten pounds to each fork.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
dcraige said:
Why would you remove it? To save weight? You just said you added ten pounds to each fork.
ok you're just plain stupid, did i say anything about saving weight anywhere? we added 10 pounds to each fork to keep the front end down, and when i said how much braking do you need to do compared to a road course..you struggle to get down the strip as fast as you can..you don't struggle to slow the bike down just as much, when you have nearly 200hp going to the rear wheel, you kinda WANT the front wheel to stay on the ground

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dcraige said:
Then why all the heavy chrome?

...well while i had my bike apart getting mods done to it for VIR and summit point..i went ahead and had my swingarm and other stuff powdercoated black, he had the whole thing apart and did the same it's just that chrome is his coating of choice..

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm not stupid. I just see no point in removing it if your not trying to save weight. How would that make your bike faster not having it? Try posting without insults.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dcraige said:
I'm not stupid. I just see no point in removing it if your not trying to save weight. How would that make your bike faster not having it? Try posting without insults.
why the hell would you need to save weight on something that has 200hp and weighs nothing as it is? the power to weight ratio is already amazing on a bike, it's not a car where you need to start shaving off pounds everywhere you can

1 - 20 of 44 Posts