Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Whats up Guys!

Ok so iam really pissed... can't get my rear shock in time for Buriram... hope will not be an issue...

Also put a fresh set of SC1/SCX tires, cleaned all calipers ... 5 days to go!!

Will probably do a few live from the track..

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
There she goes ....Chang International, one of the best MotoGP track, here i come ...

For those interested give a shout to my socials or YouTube Channel for more pics and live stream .(link on my signature).

Always excited with Honda Track Experience... they take care of everything and price is really super low... +-150USD for 2 days on track, free food and drinks at track, 2 night in a 4* hotel just aside the track and cherry on the cake they even transport your bike there....

For me its a 450km drive to go there and road is horible (traffic is very bad here) so 5/6h drive to do on friday morning, set up the pit, see the gang and get ready for Saturday and Sunday ride...

Sky Building Vehicle Tree Cloud

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Flash photography

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

· Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
That is one sweet deal for $250!!! Damn! You had me at free food. But 2 days in a hotel, 2 days on the track, AND they transport your bike for you! :love:

My last track day at Barber's was $300 for one day. But it is Barber's. Worth every penny!

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That is one sweet deal for $250!!! Damn! You had me at free food. But 2 days in a hotel, 2 days on the track, AND they transport your bike for you! :love:

My last track day at Barber's was $300 for one day. But it is Barber's. Worth every penny!
yeah m8.... honda treat us very well when they do track experience... we have like 1 every 2 months..only 100 riders, 4 levels

Honda pro riders also there to help and honda mechanics too... not unusual to see Somkiat Chantra (SC35) from Moto2 doing a short appearance... Each group of riders have 2/3 pro pilot on the track and sometimes they pop in front of you to show you lines, braking points etc.... best experience i ever had on track

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Whats up everyone!

Just back from the Honda Track Xperience....What a Blast!!!

Once again an amazing organization from Honda Thailand...

All went well for the bike test run but i started to feel some very bad vibration on hard braking of turn 3 (arriving 240km/h for an horse shoe right turn)... back to pit to check the brakes , found nothing...checked my fork and...sadly found out the guy who rebuild it screw up my settings and destroyed my compression knob.... Asked Honda Racing Thailand mechanics to check it out and the verdict was.... its dead...need to change the whole thing... i can't have those parts anymore here in Thailand so i will simply go for a new fork setup... looking at KTECK options and maybe will follow the mechani advice and install the new 600rr showa with different springs...let see waiting some pricing... in the same time here is a couple of pictures to let you feel the vibe here..

Smile Thigh Knee Human leg Long hair

Sky Transport hub Cloud Fence Mode of transport

Beard Eyewear Recreation T-shirt Event

T-shirt Leisure Crowd Shorts Event

Chair Event Building Suit Conference hall

Table Building Desk Chair Automotive design

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Bicycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
Lots of eye candy there! Is that your lap timer strapped on the tail?

I like how they had a projector setup to discuss each corner while they were instructing the riders.That's very helpful.

I feel your pain about your front forks being destroyed. I also learned the hard way that you must find an expert in suspension before trusting someone to rebuild or service your forks. I had a mechanic change the fork oil in mine years ago and found out right after that on hard braking the rear wheel started lifting off the ground. I put a zip-tie around the fork tube and found out I only had 2" of fork travel! :oops: He put WAY too much fork fluid in when he serviced them. Luckily for me all I needed was someone who knew how to measure the air gap correctly and my problem was solved. That really sucks they destroyed your compression adjuster. How does that even happen?

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Lots of eye candy there! Is that your lap timer strapped on the tail?

I like how they had a projector setup to discuss each corner while they were instructing the riders.That's very helpful.

I feel your pain about your front forks being destroyed. I also learned the hard way that you must find an expert in suspension before trusting someone to rebuild or service your forks. I had a mechanic change the fork oil in mine years ago and found out right after that on hard braking the rear wheel started lifting off the ground. I put a zip-tie around the fork tube and found out I only had 2" of fork travel! :oops: He put WAY too much fork fluid in when he serviced them. Luckily for me all I needed was someone who knew how to measure the air gap correctly and my problem was solved. That really sucks they destroyed your compression adjuster. How does that even happen?
Yes he forget to instal it on session 1 so had to rush pitlane strap ... put it back properly after that session :)

They rounded the thread so can't turn anymore ....
The black nut that normally turn to adjust is totally destroyed and the base is rounded and have a small crack...

Well yes i am pissed but in the same time this track day was a test to find the weakness with the help of pro's... mission accomplished...but lesson learned and iam now in touch with a proper race shop who will handle the bike next upgrades...

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Whats up guys!

Small update:

I just ordered my front upgrade...

K-Tech Suspension 25SSK RDS Fork Cartridge

Metal Auto part Tool Font Circle

and specifics springs recommended for my weight :

Front Fork Spring 9.5N

Automotive tire Font Circle Auto part Art

20 to 30 days to receive them ...can't wait !!

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Holy snap that's a fine set of carts.
hehehehe yes too much frustrated to have lost a day on track due to fork issues... its the right season for us in Thailand (weather is perfect) so i dont want to miss other track time....

Cost :
Cartridge Kit + Springs + Oil + Labor = 37.000THB (1.045 USD)

Tire Vehicle Wheel Motorcycle Automotive tire

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks for pics and prices!
More than welcome m8... I am also dealing with a huge carbon fiber manufacturer (rpm carbon) well known for their quality and price...I know the owner and will probably end up with front/rear mudguard and chain, side exhaust cover....
Product Font Slope Parallel Rectangle

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Whats up Guy's!!

Hope everyone is doing fine!

Just received my cartridge and springs.... will see but should be all installed and set up this weekend...will keep you updated!!

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Floor Audio equipment

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
She's ALIVE!!!
New K-Tech Suspension is ready... Had to change also the outer tubes due to a small issue but she deserve to have the best... A full new front for the new season!!

Fuel tank Hood Wheel Tire Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

21 - 40 of 49 Posts