Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright im wanting to know info on all the 600's as to how they compare on the track head to head as far as power, handling, reliablity, and being rider friendly. As you can tell im new to the biking world, but would like to know about all the 600's at the track and where the honda fits in.

These are the 4 that im wanting to know about and just for fun sake lets say there all 2006 models!

Honda 600rr
Kawasaki ZX-6RR
Suzuki GSX-R 600
Yamaha R6

Im sure I can go read some magazines to hear which one owns at the track but im wanting to know a little about all 4 and how they match up stock for stock in a racing atmosphere.

Thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
performance wise theyre all similar
but i can tell you that all of those will have slipper clutch, except the 600rr
the 6rr is race ready from the factory, which is equipped with steering stabilizer and some other things
gixxer and r6 have fly by wire, that might be an advantage

thats all i know

·
Registered
513 Posts
if you're looking for how they stack up in racing , look at what the mfg's pay in contingincy , beyond RIDER , that's all that matters sub ama .

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I say the 600rr is the easiest to ride fast, thus making it an excellent bike for beginner track riders and experianced. Its not the bike that is the fastest in the hands of an experianced rider as I see it, but the bike that makes people the most confident and it seems to be undisputed that the 600rr is the best at doing just that- making people confident in there own abilities and there bike.

·
Registered
90 Posts
wow, i never knew that the new gixxer's (600&750) had fly-by-wire... i guess you learn something new everyday... nice

·
Registered
31 Posts
The scope...

[font=&quot]Hey Midwest,[/font]

[font=&quot]Good question on time. Go and buy the latest issue of “Motorcyclist” magazine – June 2006. There is a very nifty front-page article on exactly this topic. Several riders (different weight categories, different levels of experience) compare all the 600s on the track. If you really want to know the scope, this is the way to go.[/font]

[font=&quot] [/font]

Cheers…

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I hate to bring in the same old "bike doesn't matter, it's the rider" but truth is truth.

I've riden on the honda, suzuki, and yamaha, and sure there's a little difference, but nothing substantial.

Instead of looking into a 2006, I would invest my money into a 2004 or something. With the 3-4k you'll save, you will have the bike outperforming ANY 2006 600 with the modifications you can perform.

I picked up my 2004 gixxer 6 for $4850, and with the modifications I've made, I'm convinced that my bike outperforms any of the 2006 model bikes, and I've still got a whole lot less money into it.

Of course, you could do all of the same mods on a 2006, and you may pull an extra 3-4 hp when it's said and done, but again, you'll have that same 3-4k extra money into it.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
This months Motor Cyclist has a write up on all the 6's including the Triumph 675 (sweet bike) and the GSXR 750. Next months Sport Rider is going to have a 600 comparo also I believe. Some of the riders turned their fastest lap on the Honda. They kinda frowned upon the 636 wanting to drag pegs in the corners. Theres to much info on them to post but pic up the mag and read.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well you do have a point, but ive also been burned in the past by this "theory". If I spend the same amount in modifications you did on your older bike mine will still out perform yours thus your back to square one...atleast thats the way I look at it. Kind of like if you drop thousands of $$$ into a geo metro...its still a geo metro

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I hear you, but if a man has $10k to work with for instance, you can turn a much better track bike out of an older model than a brand new one. I'd rather have a $5k bike with $5k mods than a $9k bike with $1k mods, there will be a considerable difference between the two bikes. You could have a new set of wheels, suspension, full system, or a full motor kit, etc on the older bike for the price you will have into the new one. If you are in fact being "burned by this theory" it is only by the 3-4hp difference in the new model, but you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you spent $4k less to get the final product.

If, however, your budget is unlimited, may as well go with a brand new one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts