Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I did Texas World Speedway on Saturday. I felt great. Lap times just aren't what I was looking for. My body position is good, looking into the turn like I'm supposed to.
Maybe you guys can take a look at this pic and tell me what I'm doing wrong

:crackup:
I have NO idea how I managed to get on top of the bike and surf it. I know you're supposed to seperate yourself from the bike but it's hard to make yourself dismount when you're avoiding the pavement from where you are.

Nothing too bad. Damage after a bath:
Ground off throttle sleeve/ throttle grip
busted master cylinder (was planning on installing SS brake lines - just found an interesting way to drain the lines)
starter switch housing busted open but I got it back together/ in working order
oil leak but it was just a pinched filter gasket
plastics are trashed / tie wraps FTW!!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
that is an epically awesome pic

·
Training Wheel Hero
112 Posts
Looks like a kid at swim lessons that just does not wanna touch the water haha. " Mommy I dont wanna go!"
Crazy picture mang:haha:

·
Registered
251 Posts
In the first pic, it looks like you're counter leaning a bit. Drop that shoulder and head in the direction you're going.

:poke:

Cool photo!

:banger:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It had rained pretty hard the day before and all night but I felt like I had pretty good traction. Was pushing it (because I want to make sure and pass the boys ..lol)
People are saying it was slick and I slipped cause it was wet but my focus Saturday was exit speed and I think I got on it too hard and took the weight off the front tire. That turn puts you off camber anyway

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the original ... new avi??

someone on a local forum said I should make a motivational poster that says, "You're doing it wrong"

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Are you going clockwise or counter-clockwise and with it a left or right corner?
Looks to me that you were going counter-clockwise (coming from the left to the right side of the picture) to a right handed coner.

Were you scarping any metal before you went down?

Only thing I can think of is that your front end wish out. Do you have any scarp on your front tire. scarp are starting on contact patch and moves out to the outer/edge of the tire.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I ordered the original ... new avi??

someone on a local forum said I should make a motivational poster that says, "You're doing it wrong"

i edit out that photographers junk. kinda in a hurry but still doesnt look half bad :) more smoke hehehe.

or this one to be used on squids

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
I saw more track picture of you on your myspace.

Your body position is looking good in some of them,
Some of those with bad body position is telling me you lost the front tire.

The one I did like. You need to move your head over to the side and maybe a little lower.
Your looking good tho

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Myspace pics are from last season. This is only my second season. I'm sure my body position is bad. I'm still learning.... I try :cruising:
After talking to everyone it was decided that it was a highside then lowside combo. I do remember it going right which is what put me on top/ then slapping down to the left
here are earlier in the day

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
rofl, you rode that thing all the way, awsome...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
What turn was that at TWS ?
Maybe 6 or 7 ?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts