Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might not be your typical question. I bought my track bike (03 600rr) a long time ago (I think 09) from a guy that rode in the advanced group, and finally was able to track the bike last year, so I am in novice group. I am fine with the pads that came on the bike, but they are getting thin and I figured I should have a spare set to throw on. Only problem is that I have no idea what to buy. I was told that they were PBR race pads (removed the pads and there are no markings on them, just a silver color for the pad backing plate), but I can't find anything searching Google about these pads.
If they were in fact race pads, do I buy full blown race pads, track day oriented pads, or a hybrid of the two? I am assuming pad technology has greatly improved over a decade and those race pads are now more track day pads, but I have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Yeah, there is a gradation from mild to wild.

I have Vesrah RJL pads, they work for me but I don't have experience with anything else on the track.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would recommend Vortex sintered or even the stock Honda pads, especially if you're running novice at the moment, both perform well and have a decent lifetime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts