Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've heard from some on the NESBA forums that some people camp out at the track, how many of you guys actually camp out there? or do you get a motel for the night or what? Whats you're routine for a trip to the track?

any grillers?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Many people stay at the track. Might be in a motorhome, a tent, or like me...Motel Ford (the van). Cook out or eat out of the cooler. With the group we ride with, there is always a big social cookout on Saturday night. Tdub

D

·
0 Posts
I camp. Saves me at least $40/day between extra gas used and spending the night in a hotel. Usually out for 2 or 3 days, so that's a good bit of money saved.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Many people stay at the track. Might be in a motorhome, a tent, or like me...Motel Ford (the van). Cook out or eat out of the cooler. With the group we ride with, there is always a big social cookout on Saturday night. Tdub
i didnt now this. thought i was going to have to get a hotel... thanks TDUB.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya, I didn't have to. My mom lives about 30/40 min away from RA so I just left the bike at the track and stayed with her. Made the trip in the morning and was usually late so I never saw anybody really set up. But a lot of people talked about it. If I'm able next time I'll make arrangements to camp.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
sorry cant help you, Millers motorsports park is only 15 miles away from the house :( but seriously my VAN is great to live out of! 9 days on the tail of the dragon and i would have been happy to stay longer if i could have go off of work.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Air mattress + Ford Explorer + Power inverter = win

·
Registered
362 Posts
My first track weekend at Nelson Ledges in Ohio, I slept in my Colorado Truck...that sucked. After that I just a tent when I go there. Luckily Beaver Run is only 30 minutes from my place.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i sleep in my van, unless my girl comes, then i have to get a hotel. i love camping at the track, i go a day early, unload, set up, and then kick it around the paddock. guys are cooking out, or a group will go out to eat. around 9pm i hunker down in the van, and crank up the 12 inch overhead DVD, grab some snacks and wait for the sandman to put me out! first thing in the AM i grab a shower, and watch everybody else just arriving scramble to get unloaded and set up before the riders meeting! lol. you can't beat being already done with all that!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
only camp....... get there a day early, set up, get situated, drink some beer, mingle, chat, hangout, meet new friends, etc.. camping is MOST worth it and saves money and time. i bought me an older full size chevy conversion van. has the bed in the back, when i bought it, someone had added onto the bed, the bed is an actual queen size, van has 3 captian chairs that all swivel, and the side enterance is open for all the coolers, luggage and what not.. the bike goes in the trailor and it works absoluetely amazing. tv in the van, dvd player, and ps3 so at night, when things get slow, or rainy, there is ALWAYS something to do.. we invite friends over, grill out, watch movies and what not...... the BEST time

drop

·
Registered
260 Posts
and tdub, ill prolly be at both.. but just spectating... i think i met you at nashville back in april with jake... i lost my brakes and jake gave me a set of his used ones.. worked great...i crashed at tally so if i come, ill spectate

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I've camped a couple of times. Saves some $$ but overall i'd prefer a hotel for convenience and privacy.

If you're camping, be careful of bears and other animals...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts