Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally signed up for my first track day. I'll be doing a beginner class with Team Pro Motion in the morning. I haven't fully prepped the bike, but I think all I really need to do is tape up the glass and lights, and get the Q3's mounted. This will also be my first time putting the bike on a trailer, so hopefully I don't mess that up. Any other .netters gonna be there?

·
05/16 BOTM Winner / Pocketbike Racer
342 Posts
Awesome. Im riding with Team Promotion on the 14th, up here in New York. I've heard nothing but good things about em. I'm sure it'll be a blast.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on taking it easy and enjoying the experience. I'm just looking to become a better rider (never-ending search) and get a little closer to seeing what my bike (and me) can do. I won't approach those limits on the street, so I'm a little worried about getting track addicted, but there are worse addictions....

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I had a great time with TPM today. I did the full track day, but also sat through ART level 1 with my buddy Anthony. It was HOT!

The class was good, covered all the basics, such as apexes, braking, body position, etc. Good tips from all the rider coaches.

Unfortunately, and I don't know if it was the heat or what, but there were lots of red flags. Several riders went off at turn 2, one broke a collarbone. I heard she was air lifted out. A few more high-sided out of turn 11, including my buddy Anthony. His gear held up and he walked away from it, but I think his bike is totaled. Another faller in that corner wasn't so lucky - he was pushing pretty hard, high-sided on exit, and apparently was knocked unconscious, resulting in an ambulance ride for him. I was about 100 yards behind him, so that was enough for me. It was the next to last session anyway, so I packed up after that red flag. I put in around 40 laps, so that was plenty for me.

All in all, I had a great time, even with the shortened sessions. I learned a few things, and found some things I really need to work on, such as my lean angle on left turns. Apparently I get down fine to the right, not so much to the left. I'll post pics soon.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Glad you had a good and SAFE time.... Reading stuff like this makes me miss my bike.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
A few pictures from the hairpin (turn 11 or 12, depending on which track diagram is used). Apparently, my foot position isn't correct. I think I need to be a little more on the side of my foot on the end of the peg, since I dragged my right toe slider a few times.

·
05/16 BOTM Winner / Pocketbike Racer
342 Posts
Awesome man, nice pics. Glad you had a good time. If you weren't addicted, I'd think there was something wrong with you..good luck on the next one.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thanks! Did you ever get your cruiser?
totally bikeless and toyless....got rid of the gen coupe track too. Got a tundra now, nice truck but its not that fun to drive...LOL..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts