Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from LA and getting interested in getting to the track. i just bought my truck so i can get my bike there but i have NO idea where to start or anyone to go with... all my friends that ride aren't interested in the track and the one that is has a blown motor...

so my question is what do i bring and who are the better groups to go with ie(tracktactics or whatever). any info would be greatly appreciated i really want to get there and learn some more advance techniques.

also i heard it's better to just join a track membership ie willow springs has one, apparently it's cheaper and you get more runs? my friend also said that track days are insane since there are a lot of beginners and idiots on track days?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
tracktactics.... really any of them that offer a great beginners program.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
tracktactics.... really any of them that offer a great beginners program.

become a member on tracktastics.org and save some $$$ there you will find all there track dates and such. Thats the best I can do since I am unfamiliar with the west coast.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
youre more than welcome to join the socal dotnet trackwhores. there are several of us that post up trackday threads.
post up in any of them if youre interested. most of us can get you started on the right path.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
my friend also said that track days are insane since there are a lot of beginners and idiots on track days?
does your friend ride at the trackdays? pretty dumb and ignorant statement. i hope you dont believe him.
yes, there are alot of beginners. who cares? new riders have to start somewhere.
maybe there are idiots, but they are kept in check. there are control riders that patrol the sessions. same goes for the track and corner workers.
the riders meeting explains all of this along with all the rules and courtesies. so chances to run into idiot riders is very slim.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
does your friend ride at the trackdays? pretty dumb and ignorant statement. i hope you dont believe him.
yes, there are alot of beginners. who cares? new riders have to start somewhere.
maybe there are idiots, but they are kept in check. there are control riders that patrol the sessions. same goes for the track and corner workers.
the riders meeting explains all of this along with all the rules and courtesies. so chances to run into idiot riders is very slim.

very true they will kick your :bootyshak out if you are beyond reckless.

·
Registered
536 Posts
dont think about it, find out what you need, then go. you wont regret it. i promise you. just make sure you leave your ego at home. and dont try to show the instructors how fast you are, lol cus no matter how fast you think you are going they will still fly right by you at any point of the track and besides nobody wants to crash on their first trackday. if anything try to see how SMOOTH you can be!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dont think about it, find out what you need, then go. you wont regret it. i promise you. just make sure you leave your ego at home. and dont try to show the instructors how fast you are, lol cus no matter how fast you think you are going they will still fly right by you at any point of the track and besides nobody wants to crash on their first trackday. if anything try to see how SMOOTH you can be!
Great info. It's never a "race" with me. More technique and comfort.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
So is it true that you Cali fags can ride Laguna Seca, or is my boy who lives in Santa Monica pulling my leg??

Coz that would be hella sweet. My friend who rides an 1198S said he's ridden Laguna before. Someone verify this pleeeeeeease..

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
So is it true that you Cali fags can ride Laguna Seca, or is my boy who lives in Santa Monica pulling my leg??

Coz that would be hella sweet. My friend who rides an 1198S said he's ridden Laguna before. Someone verify this pleeeeeeease..
It is true.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts

redridinghood11 rode a KTM RC8 at Seca during a Skip Barber school, lucky bastard. Lol

·
Registered
3,205 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Take someone with you to be your pit helper!

Post up when you are going to go. Find someone to pit with.
I have made some good friends that way! And if they are experienced, you will learn a lot faster!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm from LA and getting interested in getting to the track. i just bought my truck so i can get my bike there but i have NO idea where to start or anyone to go with... all my friends that ride aren't interested in the track and the one that is has a blown motor...

so my question is what do i bring and who are the better groups to go with ie(tracktactics or whatever). any info would be greatly appreciated i really want to get there and learn some more advance techniques.

also i heard it's better to just join a track membership ie willow springs has one, apparently it's cheaper and you get more runs? my friend also said that track days are insane since there are a lot of beginners and idiots on track days?
Hey just wondering on how your progress is on your track days ? I'm in the same boat as you and also from the LA area. I actually did a riding school a couple months ago which was my first time on a track (streets of willows). Since then I've been trying to learn more and find people to ride/meet with locally and possibly pit up with for upcoming track days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts