Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to go to a track day school so i can learn the right way to put a knee down. so which is the best for so-cal. there is keith code california super bike and reg pridmore c.l.a.s.s. both are sounds good just wondering what everyone else thinks

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
dude, you don't necessarily have to do an advanced school like that right off the bat. Have you done any trackdays at all yet??

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i have not done a track day at all but this is my frist bike ever i just want to learn. i want to be safe and everything. i did the msf school and now i want to a do track day school. i just want to learn more and do it right

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
any schools in eastern VA? id get with it.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Just my opinion, but most of those schools you're talking about are very spendy! If money isn't an issue, then go for it. However, most good trackday organizations will give you plenty of instruction out there when you're getting started. Out here on the east coast we have cornerspeed for example. I'm sure most of the Cali guys will chime in and tell you some good schools to check out. For a lot less $$$

Enjoy and be safe!

·
19,904 Posts
yeah but are they anywhere close to hear.
i dont own a pickup truck, i have a coupe and a bike.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
think about it this way. the $1000+ you'll spend on that class will easily get you 6 days on the track if you do trackdays only. on track experience will help a lot more in this situation than heavy instruction because you may not know what questions to ask yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
NESBA here on the east coast does fantastic track days with loads of instruction. Search on the web for some good trackday organizations and find one that offers entry-level instruction.

·
19,904 Posts
i see, so is VIR the nearest track to me here in Norfolk?

·
Registered
932 Posts
srfinatsunset said:
looking to go to a track day school so i can learn the right way to put a knee down
Just my opinion, I would focus on your lines...not on your knee. Your knee will come down in time. For example, you can be off-line, have to correct by using more lean angle than you need, and therefore having the knee touch down. Alternatively, you can be haning off the bike way too much and have your spine all crooked and your knee will touch. In neither instance is the knee on the ground indicative of riding optimally. As you take the correct lines through the apex and you get faster, the knee down will follow. This is what they will teach you at track school: lines and apexes, not getting your knee down.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
sir yes sir...and its one of the nicest facilities in the country!

·
19,904 Posts
damn, i might have to rtoll with my Supervisor when he gets back, he races a 750 GXR tho...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I went to Pridmores' CLASS. Cost was $250 for one day.

It wasn't more than an overpriced track day for me. I've ridden the track a few times before that (4 or 5) and have been road riding for a while... I was definitely the fastest student, and when I sought instruction I was given many "you look good" while I was looking for ways to improve, not compliments already. And that was from Reg himeself.

So... would I recommend it? Absolutely if a) you are a newbie b) if you don't mind working to get them to help you. You have to be on them asking questions, because there are a lot of students, and they won't help much unless you keep asking. Ask them to show you around the track, ask them to follow you and provide critique. If you are unwilling to be constantly asking, I'd pass....

·
19,904 Posts
naw my boys has been schooling me. plus i used to scrape peg on my BMX and MTB back in the day, so i know a thing or too, i think... lol.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so not much help from so-cal guys but it sounds like i should move to the east coast for some trackdays. the track days out here and anywhere from 50$ to 350$ pending the track and poeple so money isnt really a problem. hey thanks trik i have only been riding for about 6 months but with older guys and they say i really improved and cant believe how good i am already soo i just might be in your shoes. so thanks

·
19,904 Posts
fuk Kali, they got all the good ****, tuner shops, girls, sun, what do we get..?

·
19,904 Posts
thats just one place, Kali has got that superbike school, plus Laguna seca...
what do we have?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts