Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding for a couple months now, I absolutely love it. I can't get enough of Canyons, but I know I want more, and a safer place. Both my brothers are wanting to do Track Days also. Im located in Orange County, California. Is there any tracks close to here that are relatively cheap considering it will be our first and we don't know what to expect? And what should we expect going to one? Do we have to be a member of something? How do I enroll in this? In other words, please let me know the first step to riding the tracks, to the very point I have my bike on 'em. Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I've been riding for a couple months now, I absolutely love it. I can't get enough of Canyons, but I know I want more, and a safer place. Both my brothers are wanting to do Track Days also. Im located in Orange County, California. Is there any tracks close to here that are relatively cheap considering it will be our first and we don't know what to expect? And what should we expect going to one? Do we have to be a member of something? How do I enroll in this? In other words, please let me know the first step to riding the tracks, to the very point I have my bike on 'em. Thanks!!!
The closest track to you is Willow Springs which also contains Streets of Willow on its property. Another track, Chuckwalla, just opened but is a few hours to the East.

As far as track days go once you sign up for a track day with whichever organization you are a member of that organization. There are tons to choose from but a few of the more well known ones are:

Take it 2 the Track - I've done track days with them and they are very good. A few members on here are control riders for them.

TrackDaz

Motoyard

SoCal Track Days - They do not break up the riders in to different groups based on lap times, everyone is on the track at the same time so this isn't recommended for new track riders.

Here is a 3 part write up I did regarding track days. Read it through and you should be ready to go for you first day.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

·
Registered
374 Posts
Here you go my friend check our website. Tracktactics provides very low cost track days with the free Tracktactics membership:banger:
Please click the link below.

All the Motorcycle Trackday organizations here in US, state by state.

http://www.tracktactics.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=64

Please watch the video as well.

Best regards

Tracktactics marketing

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Forgot about Tracktactics. For a beginner they are a great choice. They don't go to Willow Springs anymore but any of the other tracks they visit are just as good or better.

If I were you I would look at Tracktactics or Take It 2 the Track before anyone else.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So now that my favorite canyon is burnt, i'm wanting to ride the track. I don't have a leather suit or long-glooves, so how much are these for rent? Is it just better to save up and buy your own gear before you hit the tracks? I'm curious if I'll like it or not, don't wanna drop so much money on a leather suit if i'm not going to be hitting the tracks. What do you guys think? Im curious for one track day (beginner), what will the total cost be? Ballpark of $500 i'm assuming.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I think Fastrackriders out at Fontana wasn't mentioned.

All, will be cheaper than a speeding ticket, so it is relative.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I am selling teknic 1pc suits for 270 shipped. Doesn't ger any cheaper than that. You would wear a 42/52.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you ready for July25th?

Tracktactics Marketing Steve
So long the price and budget is right that could be a seriously considered question to me.
But i'm still wondering about the rentals, how much do they run?
The track day alone is about $135 i believe for Buttonwillows on 7/25.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Rentals vary by company, look for the host (not sure if you already did - sorry didn't read the other posts).

Prices generally range from say $60-$200 a day for a suit, $30-$100 a day for boots and like $15-$30 for gloves.

As an average most fall in the middle. I charge $85 for suit and back protector, $20 for gloves and $75 for boots.

But all my gear is always worn less than 5 times and then replaced so I have to charge a little more.

Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rentals vary by company, look for the host (not sure if you already did - sorry didn't read the other posts).

Prices generally range from say $60-$200 a day for a suit, $30-$100 a day for boots and like $15-$30 for gloves.

As an average most fall in the middle. I charge $85 for suit and back protector, $20 for gloves and $75 for boots.

But all my gear is always worn less than 5 times and then replaced so I have to charge a little more.

Good luck!!!!
Thank you! I needed this, I think my first track day will be coming up pretty soon :banger:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I am selling 2 size 42 suits right now dude, a MotoGP Kangaroo Compression suit for $80 and a Teknic Speedstar suit for $100, both crashed, both will pass tech at the track no problem.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I am selling 2 size 42 suits right now dude, a MotoGP Kangaroo Compression suit for $80 and a Teknic Speedstar suit for $100, both crashed, both will pass tech at the track no problem.
Solid deals. Buy your own gear man. You are going to want to go back just like all the rest of us...Don't forget about the back protector either. It is a crucial piece of gear.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts