Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first day on the track was pretty amazing. I had problems on the first 4 sessions getting my back and head parallel to the bike but on the 5th session it just clicked and I dropped 5 secs. This was after I almost highsided on turn 10 at Gingerman. I hit the gas too early out of a turn and the rear end came all the way up to me, it straightened out but the front end got the shakes and through me off the bike about a foot in the air before I regained composure. Took another lap for me to get my heart rate down. Lapped the entire field in my beginning group every session after that. I have a video of my almost high side. The control riders were switching off giving me different lines throughout the track and one of them was behind me video taping me so I could work on my lines and body position. The video scares the crap out of me. Get to go back tomorrow and improve some more.

My AGV Sport SP4 suit worked very well. After lunch I was getting my knee down consistently and wore the knee pucks pretty well. The size 40 suit(I'm 5'8" - 5'9" and about 155-160lbs) fits perfectly not to mention it looked badass in the video especially being airborn above my bike, haha. Felt great when leaning off the bike through turns. I've never had a suit before so I can't really compare to others but I'm very pleased with my purchase.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Got news for you welcome to the addiction of track days :love10:
congrats man:burnout:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Another one hooked!!! Good to see you had a good time. But where is this video?? We want to see! Pics too!! Keep tearing it bro! :rocker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts