Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda CBR 600rr
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah yeah, there is a track day section and this thread already exists. It’s hella out dated and more people will see it here.

Recommendation for track fairings in the year 2021??

I have a 2011 600rr and am finding it VERY difficult to find anything from hot bodies which I hear are nightmarish.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CBR 600rr
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I have read/heard they are a PITA in terms of mounting and are rather brittle. Are those literally the only option?? If so I’ll bite the bullet lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its funny that this was posted as I was in the same boat you are in about a month ago. I have been a long time lurker on the site and found the same thread as CBRdream has mentioned. I have looked into alot of the brands mentioned on that list but most of the brands that were mentioned were either out of my price range (trying to do track on the cheap) or the companies dont exist/difficult to get in contact with. In the end I ordered Hotbodies fairings (currently on sale) all minus the front fender for a project bike I am building, and I should be getting them in this upcoming Monday. I will post some pictures as they come in the box then and will give you a decent opinion on their quality once I do a good look over (grew up in a body shop, so I have some experience with body panels.)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Try the cheap Chinese pre painted track bodywork that abounds on eBay. I have a few friends who have bought them and for the price, they are very good. Ideal for a track bike.

I've yet to find aftermarket bodywork that fits without some modifying.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

for anything from China, you might have to wait for a while for container shipping rates to come down, the supply chain is FUBAAAAAAAAAAR.

Contemplate getting a sheet of Al and some complex curve tools and making this?

say " yes it's homemade and I just broke the lap record"......but most probably you won't pass tech.....those Luddite tech inspectors just can't get their heads around 1920's tech.....

Sorry, Beer time....

·
Registered
2011 Honda CBR 600rr
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its funny that this was posted as I was in the same boat you are in about a month ago. I have been a long time lurker on the site and found the same thread as CBRdream has mentioned. I have looked into alot of the brands mentioned on that list but most of the brands that were mentioned were either out of my price range (trying to do track on the cheap) or the companies dont exist/difficult to get in contact with. In the end I ordered Hotbodies fairings (currently on sale) all minus the front fender for a project bike I am building, and I should be getting them in this upcoming Monday. I will post some pictures as they come in the box then and will give you a decent opinion on their quality once I do a good look over (grew up in a body shop, so I have some experience with body panels.)
Would love your input once you get yours and mount them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts