Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novice question about Race schools , I'm planning to attend California Superbike School unless there are other recommended schools in California . I'm trying to understand what's what , Is the 1 or 2 day school of this or any training program just to improve skills ? Is there a different program from these track skill days to a race certificate class ( Race Clinic ) ?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
My friends who have taken Jason Pridmore's STAR school speak highly of it: Homepage - Star Motorcycle School

I don't know/don't think you get a race license for any of the racing series out here if you do these schools, but I don't know for sure.

I guess a better question is, what is your goal? These schools have a lot to offer but you may or may not be in a position to get much from them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the end I would like a certificate from one of these schools so I can apply for a Race License , Just trying to figure out the steps to doing so , Do I take these riding skill training classes first, is the cert program a different class ? The best thing I could do and haven't done yet it to contact one of these schools , I was just looking for others experiences and info

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
What kind of race license are you after i think css and wera are different. I know css has all the instructions on there website wera should to.. legit will take you 5 mins to look

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I don't think CSS or STAR give you any sort of credentials that are respected/used by a race org in any sense; they're just teaching you to ride faster/better, it doesn't teach you anything about the rules or race org specifics.

For local club racing league CVMA, you do a special modified track day with Trackdaz, where they teach you how races work, introduce you to their rule book, and hold a few race starts and mock races. At the end you recieve your CVMA racer's license (which I think has some amount of reciprocity; I think Motoyard respects it and maybe WERA).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of race license are you after i think css and wera are different. I know css has all the instructions on there website wera should to.. legit will take you 5 mins to look

As I stand now , I know little to nothing but want to learn

As for different licenses , I was not aware there were different ones , but imagine there are , I'm not looking to ride along V.R. #46 , maybe just some local club races , I just want to compete for fun , of course not closing the door to a future in the sport , but one step at a time .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts