Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished my second TD at grattan raceway. my instructor said i made significant improvement through the day and at the end she said i just need to work on my pre-positioning and maybe get off the bike a tad more. let me know what all you guys think:

Reactions: Supergirl

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
615 Posts
Nice, He's right, I'd say if you hung off just a tad more, looks like your trying to lean your upper body over to far and not sliding off a little more. over all looks great though

Reactions: repsol600

·
Registered
666 Posts
Looks fine to me. Some look like you could probably drop your shoulders a little more but it just looks like you need to get more comfortable holding more speed into the turns. Pictures 5, 6 and 7 look best. You have 2ct's correct? By the looks of it, and on those tires, you could probably hold another 10-15 mph into those turns.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya my instructor was actually a really cool yugoslavian lady, but ya i think i need to get my rear end off the bike a tad more

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks fine to me. Some look like you could probably drop your shoulders a little more but it just looks like you need to get more comfortable holding more speed into the turns. Pictures 5, 6 and 7 look best. You have 2ct's correct? By the looks of it, and on those tires, you could probably hold another 10-15 mph into those turns.
ya i do have 2ct's and i think your right, i could definitely have more speed into the corner and i think it would help me smooth out a lil bit, to my credit, couple times i had to kind of hold up for slow guys in front of me including a dude on a s1krr lol but i don't think that was the case in these photos

·
Registered
212 Posts
ya my instructor was actually a really cool yugoslavian lady, but ya i think i need to get my rear end off the bike a tad more
Ha! I happen to be that lady :D

You really improved immensely throughout the day. Keep up the good work!!!
Maybe see you at Autobahn or Gingerman ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
You can definitely tell the pics that were taken later on in the day. You can see the improvement, it looks like you were doing what I was in you are getting your upper body out just not following with your lower body. Just try to remember to keep your spine in a straight line. With it only being your 2nd td I wouldnt really worry about it as you have not had enough track time to find your own individual style. Keep listening to your instructors and you will get into a groove that really works for you.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Oh, and with the pictures, it's a bit easier to understand how toe dragging works :D
Look in the picture, if we were going any faster at that turn and were leaned over more, your toes would have hit.
The angle between the three bikes in the photo is different, but by comparing my toes, yours and the other guy from the group, you get the idea.

Okay, i'll leave you alone now :D

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^no don't leave me alone! lol the input is very appreciated and much needed lol and looking at the photo that totally makes sense, way easier to see what your doing wrong then just trying to imagine it, so to speak.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Oh, and with the pictures, it's a bit easier to understand how toe dragging works :D
Look in the picture, if we were going any faster at that turn and were leaned over more, your toes would have hit.
The angle between the three bikes in the photo is different, but by comparing my toes, yours and the other guy from the group, you get the idea.

Okay, i'll leave you alone now :D

and the instruction keep going, NICE!!!! so his foot position should have been pointed in more?

Good pics and good show OP, what speed if you know were you hitting the turns.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha! I happen to be that lady :D

You really improved immensely throughout the day. Keep up the good work!!!
Maybe see you at Autobahn or Gingerman ;-)
i definitely want to try to get out to one or both of them :) and thats sweet that your on here, now i can pick your brain once in a while lol

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and the instruction keep going, NICE!!!! so his foot position should have been pointed in more?

i wasnt really looking but i did see in one corner which i think it was turn 6 i believe i was 50-60 i think, but i could totally be off lol and its not where my foot is but if i essentially drop my body a little farther off it will lower the one end of the line dropping the point of contact below my toes or it will make that line essentially more parallel to the ground

·
Registered
212 Posts
^no don't leave me alone! lol the input is very appreciated and much needed lol and looking at the photo that totally makes sense, way easier to see what your doing wrong then just trying to imagine it, so to speak.
I'll stick around then :shakehand
Jig has posted the photos too http://www.heavypennyphoto.com
so you can check out your progress throughout the day.

If he gets the butt of the seat a little more and gets the foot higher on the peg, then he won't drag the toe. I can post many examples of it.
It all comes with the time, also the pre-positioning and moving on the bike as little as possible. If the two consecutive turns are right hand turns, just tuck your knee in and stay off the bike to the right until you're done with all consecutive turns of same side. No need to get back to the middle of the seat.

I hope it makes sense.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts

If he gets the butt of the seat a little more and gets the foot higher on the peg, then he won't drag the toe. I can post many examples of it.
It all comes with the time, also the pre-positioning and moving on the bike as little as possible. If the two consecutive turns are right hand turns, just tuck your knee in and stay off the bike to the right until you're done with all consecutive turns of same side. No need to get back to the middle of the seat.

I hope it makes sense.

made perfect sense, foot position, and body position,

im hitting infineon so Im in the midst of study, haha, good show all!!!

keep up the safe riding!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
man he got some really good photo's. theres one on pg.26 and pg.31 that i really like, i might get a giant print to put up in the body shop i work in lol

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
this pic looks pretty good, your hanging off quite well on that shot.

Reactions: repsol600

·
Registered
380 Posts
^^^Looks good! I always try to lean forward and "lead" the bike into the corner. I like my head where my mirror would be and torso almost or on the tank and leaning wayyyy off the bike. To each their own. Personally I tried some different body positions and found that the textbook body position may not always be the best for you, gotta develop your own style (to an extent). Looks like your a hanger!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ya that shots one of my favorites. trying to put my head where my mirror would be is kind of where i started and just kind of found what was comfortable and natural from there

1 - 20 of 44 Posts