Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good place to shop for one of these. I just did a track day 8/07 and nearly passed out from the fuggin heat. No shade sucks!

I saw some nice ones at track days that have bike manufactures on them, and I would like to get something like that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
Easy Up makes them I think. I am going to look into renting one for the weekend instead of buying one, don't know how much they cost though.

·
Registered
621 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
i just bought a 10x10 ez-up for $69.99 (regular price $119.99) from big 5...i dont know if they are still on sale... these things are amazingly easy to put up... just make sure you anchor it pretty well coz wind factor might blow the whole thing away...

·
Registered
799 Posts
daMartian said:
i just bought a 10x10 ez-up for $69.99 (regular price $119.99) from big 5...i dont know if they are still on sale... these things are amazingly easy to put up... just make sure you anchor it pretty well coz wind factor might blow the whole thing away...
Are you sure that's an EZ-up? If so, that's the deal of the century. I just bought the 10X10 EZ-up with the sides and doors at Sam's for $200 and I thought I made out.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
this isnt the one with the doors... just the canopy itself... i was about to buy the one with the sides and doors - but didnt wanna spend that much money for a canopy...

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen guys at track days with Kawasaki, Yamaha and others, and I thought those were nice. Was wondering were those were from. When it comes down to it, a plain ole plain white one is more than fine with me. It's just about getting some shade. I will head to a few hardware stores to see what I can find.

Thanks for all the replys.

·
Registered
799 Posts
daMartian said:
this isnt the one with the doors... just the canopy itself... i was about to buy the one with the sides and doors - but didnt wanna spend that much money for a canopy...
This from the guy with the 749 :) That was the only one they had, I really only wanted the canopy... too bad they didn't have the one you bought.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Man... my EZ-Up is probably one of the most useful things I've bought in a long time. It's been a life saver in more than one occasion. I use it for trackdays, camping, bbq's, waxing my truck, and pretty much any stationary work that I have to otherwise do in the sun. My buddy just borrowed it last weekend to pull out the motor in his car. He was amazed by how much it helped. It's been a 100+ degrees here and he was extremely greatful. I think I just sold him on one.

·
Registered
780 Posts
ALL MOTA said:
Man... my EZ-Up is probably one of the most useful things I've bought in a long time. It's been a life saver in more than one occasion. I use it for trackdays, camping, bbq's, waxing my truck, and pretty much any stationary work that I have to otherwise do in the sun. My buddy just borrowed it last weekend to pull out the motor in his car. He was amazed by how much it helped. It's been a 100+ degrees here and he was extremely greatful. I think I just sold him on one.

ya i always borrow his :icon_salu ...great investment

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
It's one of those thing where the style gets branded as an EZ-Up.

I just picked up a 10x10 one by Coleman (I think) from Target on sale for 69.99. Can't argue with that. Hell, if they had two I would have bought a second one.

There is also a company called Add-Awn. http://www.ftmbiz.com/

CCSEX122 said:
Are you sure that's an EZ-up? If so, that's the deal of the century. I just bought the 10X10 EZ-up with the sides and doors at Sam's for $200 and I thought I made out.

N

·
0 Posts
EZ-Ups are cool and all, but it sure doesn't beat a track that provides a garage for you...lol

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
The only way you get a garage at the track on race weekends is paying for them..And you don't get to take them home with you!

Nemesis said:
EZ-Ups are cool and all, but it sure doesn't beat a track that provides a garage for you...lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
I picked up an 10x10 EZ-Up knock-off (might have been Quick Shade) for around $100 four years ago and I use it all the time at the track. It's held up pretty well (make sure to tie it down). Easy to store & set up. I bought a canopy system that's bigger & more sturdy, but it's so much more of a hassle with all the poles, etc. that I never use it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Nemesis said:
For an average joe, luxury like that comes with a price tag... like $249 (cost for a trackday for Cali Speedway) LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts