Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the honda 600rr be able to keep up with with say a gsxr-1k ... in straight aways and twisties if heavily moded ??

·
Registered
211 Posts
Provided riders of equal skill: Maybe/yes in the twisties, no on the straightaways.

D

·
0 Posts
So long as you know how to ride, yes and yes. It's all up to the rider, so anything is possible. Even a Ninja 250 can keep up with a gixxer 1k if the guy on the gixxer can't ride to save his life.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
So long as you know how to ride, yes and yes. It's all up to the rider, so anything is possible. Even a Ninja 250 can keep up with a gixxer 1k if the guy on the gixxer can't ride to save his life.
Partially disagree with this. I agree that the rider needs to know how to ride, but in the straights, the liter should take it all day everyday. When it comes to the twisties, I think the 600 is better then the 1K. Just my .02

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Would the honda 600rr be able to keep up with with say a gsxr-1k ... in straight aways and twisties if heavily moded ??
just curious why you asked this question.. are you planning to buy a bike and comparing a 600 to a 1000?

they both have their advantages and disadvantages. mods can only do so much, its the rider you should invest in.

D

·
0 Posts
Partially disagree with this. I agree that the rider needs to know how to ride, but in the straights, the liter should take it all day everyday. When it comes to the twisties, I think the 600 is better then the 1K. Just my .02
What if the person doesn't know how to shift out of first?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah

just curious why you asked this question.. are you planning to buy a bike and comparing a 600 to a 1000?

they both have their advantages and disadvantages. mods can only do so much, its the rider you should invest in.

Yeah im planning on getting a new gsxr-1k or the new r1 .... If not either of those 2 I was gonna lean towards a CBR-600rr... I would say im a "good" rider im riding a '07 gsxr-750 with mods gonna sell it to get either one of the liter bikes or the honda ... none of the other bikes in the 600cc class interest me but the liters have my outmost attention ... but the RR is like nudgeing them over in my head its a beautiful bike.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah im planning on getting a new gsxr-1k or the new r1 .... If not either of those 2 I was gonna lean towards a CBR-600rr... I would say im a "good" rider im riding a '07 gsxr-750 with mods gonna sell it to get either one of the liter bikes or the honda ... none of the other bikes in the 600cc class interest me but the liters have my outmost attention ... but the RR is like nudgeing them over in my head its a beautiful bike.
What is the main reason you are wanting to jump up to a 1000cc?

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
i can pass liter bikes in the str8 all day @ the track. only mods are full akra, bmc race filter, bazzaz, and 520 conversion -1/+2. it all comes down to the rider. even the same rider on a 600 vs 1000 isn't gonna be a huge difference unless it's in a drag race from a dead stop.

·
Registered
129 Posts
1000rr is supposed to be a monster..i drove my buddys gsxr1000 and the difference is amazing. i dont see how mine can keep up.

however i think the driver has a lot to do with also. my friend went to the track and ran a 12 sec q/m with his r-1 and i beat that with my 600

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Its rider for the most part, but a 1k will walk away from a 600 all things being equal. Their weights are getting close to 600 weights, so that advantage is almost gone. All you have left is sheer power and the liters got us on that. That being said, it all depends on preference. On the street, a 600 or 1000 is fine. You cant go that fast anyways. On the track, if it has decent straits, normally a 1000 will be faster, riders being equal.

for the guys getting ready to pick apart my post:

Notice I said normally, I know there are some tracks out there that 600s are faster on.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I've got a thing against 1k bikes at the track cause they get in the way and the riders dont have to try so much, some, not all, slow me up in the corners and then piss off down the straights. I close in on the brakes, catch up at the next corner and do it all over again. I'll get a 1k in a couple of years jsut a soon as I can ride the wheels of my current bike. If I was already on a 750 I'd go for the 1k. The new GSXR1000 09 is meant to be significantly quicker the the new Fireblade. Even so I'd take a euro spec black/white CBR1000RR anyday. GSXR's are great but they aint no Honda

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've got a thing against 1k bikes at the track cause they get in the way and the riders dont have to try so much, some, not all, slow me up in the corners and then piss off down the straights. I close in on the brakes, catch up at the next corner and do it all over again. I'll get a 1k in a couple of years jsut a soon as I can ride the wheels of my current bike. If I was already on a 750 I'd go for the 1k. The new GSXR1000 09 is meant to be significantly quicker the the new Fireblade. Even so I'd take a euro spec black/white CBR1000RR anyday. GSXR's are great but they aint no Honda
What about the new r1 would that fare well against the new gsxr and/or honda1k ??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts