Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
heard about the track right after it happened, didnt want to post till i found out who it was. saddened, but glad it wasnt a buddy, lost a couple in the last few weeks (non motorcycle related)

RIP brother!!

to the inured, get well soon!!!

to the other guys

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I am reading conflicting stories on this: some say he was 39 years this says 42 years.

Some say it was the Calabogie's first fatal crash, read else where it wasn't the first.

RIP to the rider, heal up to the injured, thoughts out to the families of all involved.

I am looking forward to riding Calabogie in a couple weeks hopefully.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I've ridden Bogie tons of times. My avatar photo was taken there a few years back actually. Spectacular track with elevation changes, high speed sections and tons of challenging turns, some with decreasing radius'.

The issue with Bogie is the lack of run off. I've had to literally jump off the bike to avoid making it to the armco. Now I have no idea what the cause of the rider's death was so and by no means am I implying its the lack of run off.

Regarding the organizers, Pro6Cycle. I've ridden exclusively with them for the past 4 years right up until I stopped riding last season. They are, without a doubt the best run trackdays I've ever attended. Sandy, Joe and Sheena run a tight ship with rider safety as their utmost concern. This is a professional group of people.

Godspeed to the rider and my sincere condonlances to his family.

Another article:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/dead+motorcycle+crash+Calabogie+race+track/5047866/story.html

Tec, go easy brother. Look for my bro Adam on my HRC bike. He will be running in red and crushing 15's to 17's all day.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
R.I.P.

It's actually more common than you would think, it just usually isn't what most would call "news worthy".
Agreed.

I was on track at Mosport a few years back with a vintage rider when he passed away. I distinctly remember ripping passed him and thinking to myself, cool vintage bike!

I remember it being pretty surreal because when I came around and saw the downed rider, he looked so anonymous with the dark visor. I remember pulling to the side of the track thinking holy crap, that could be any one of us thinking of myself and my group of friends there that day.

Go easy bros, the track is safer no doubt to push the envelope, but it doesn't negate the inherant dangers of riding motorcycles at very high rates of speed. Use your heads and remember to stay within YOUR limits.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
ive done track days with pro 6, rayzor is right, they are awesome!! its an extreme sport so we all have to expect the unexpected.

stay safe and keep the shiny side up!!!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
RIP to the fallen rider! Let's hope the crashees get back on a pony soon.

one of them was air lifted to ottawa trauma, the other one went my ambulance to arnprior, thats all i can say as the rest of their info hasnt been released to me yet,

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.