1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
is that yellow/black gixxer low siding?

·
BOTM May 2007 , Big Apple PimP
1,354 Posts
it does look like a low side unless hes that good!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Nice pics 51Krpm!

The gixxer is definitely pushing the envelope but I think the camera angle makes it look like more of a lean angle then reality. We also have no idea what tires he's running.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
mr_600RR said:
is that yellow/black gixxer low siding?
Although it looks like it, no he is not. He gets really really low though. I was up 20 feet or so on the tower overlooking the track to it looks like he is lying on the ground.

Here is a photo right before that shot...

Thanks for the comments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gntbldr said:
awesome pics,

how on earth did you ever sting them shots together on one pic?
Its a secret.
Just kidding, I shot them on a break, eight photos or so within about two or three seconds. I had my camera on a tripod so the view does not move. Then I opened them all in photoshop, and cut out each rider starting from the back, copied, pasted, and positioned them where I wanted.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, luckily only a few riders went down with no injuries.
This is our only track within hundreds and hundreds of miles so we have to be thankful we have this.
Its sad that our roads in better better condition then the race track...

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Atleast they aren't riding through woods. I havn't been there but from the pics I've seen at Louden NH theres a bunch of trees protected by about 3 tires right in the middle of the track. Kind of scary.

Also can't you do a rapid shot on the same picture to get that effect? Or just hold the shudder open and they will be a cool bike blur.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TOMIMOTO said:
Atleast they aren't riding through woods. I havn't been there but from the pics I've seen at Louden NH theres a bunch of trees protected by about 3 tires right in the middle of the track. Kind of scary.

Also can't you do a rapid shot on the same picture to get that effect? Or just hold the shudder open and they will be a cool bike blur.
No, every time the shudder opens and closes, that is one picture. If you leave it open, it will look like a blur streaking across the picture.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Nice pics, from your spec on 1st pic, Canon EOS Rebel XT shot with len(unknow) but focal length at 55mm. Your shutter speed is where it should be. My suggestion is invest in a good len with f/2.8. I used this for about 6 months(Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM) if your under budget ($450) but sold it and got the L series. I'm not an expert, but just passing along what I know.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks alot for the info, I do what I can with the camera I have, and I learn something new everytime I use it. And I gain alot more knowledge thanks to people with info like you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts