Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do yall carry insurance on your track motorcycle? I am about to make the move to track only and trying to keep it as low cost as possible

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if it was you and you had a 09 cbr 600 with 4500 miles would you carry it at the track even though I have never been

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
i still have mine insured. its insured not only for damages/crashes. but mainly for protection if it ever got stolen.
ive been on the fence about this for a long time. i even kept it insured for the 8 mo's ive been without it while i was deployed.
i also decided to keep it insured...although 80% of its time is in track form, because sometimes i have the urge to go cruising or use it for commuting.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does insurance go if you wreck and you have aftermarket cheaper fairings, no headlights. Do they pay for all of that to go back to stock form?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
How does insurance go if you wreck and you have aftermarket cheaper fairings, no headlights. Do they pay for all of that to go back to stock form?
that question(s) is best left for your insurance agent(s) to answer.
you should ask them these same questions.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think the problem you're going to run into is how the bike is going to look to the insurance agent after you've crashed it. If you're running race fairings on the track, how are you going to put the street fairings back on and claim an accident? Since you're going to have to lie to claim a loss (I dont think there is an insurance company out there that will pay out for an accident on the racetrack), I don't know how you could make it look plausible without running street parts on the racetrack when you go down.

Insurance fraud...probably something you should think through before attempting ;)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
"I dont think there is an insurance company out there that will pay out for an accident on the racetrack."

I know for sure that Allstate will pay if you go down at the track. I think the requirements however are that (1) it must be considered a school (some trackday organizations consider themselves schools since they provide lessons and and can write you a letter ) and (2) you can't be racing.

I'd definitely call up your insurance agent and find out if they cover it.

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
My track bike has no title, no papers, no nothin'. It's covered under my homeowners insurance just like my lawnmower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts