Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been to watch one trackday and everyone was wearing leathers. I will be participating next year and I was wondering if they will they let riders on if they are wearing textile items such as Joe rocket 5.0 pants and Ballistic Jacket? A friend said they will let you ride in jeans if you wear 2 pairs although I think that is worthless protection.
Just wondering if I need to ask for leathers for Christmas.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
some groups may let you ride in that in just the beginner group. personally, i would not touch a racetrack without leathers. they are much cheaper than skin grafts and a lot less painful. not to mention the leathers having full armor so if you go down, you're not gonna bust a knee or elbow. my leathers helped me to get up and walk away after my lowsides.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
do you think they will let you wear anything you feel like so when you get hurt
they can easily get sued and be found liable i do not think they will allow that
buy yourself some leathers a one piece suit you wont regret it

·
Registered
99 Posts
Get leathers!!! http://www.newenough.com also has some good deals. I have crash tested mine twice and they have saved me both times and they are still ready to go again.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
cvlighthouse said:
Buy leathers to save your ass.. Wear them every time! www.ridersinc.com has AGV ones for less than $400. Dont skimp on the gear...
those are backordered liek a mawfugga dude, my buddy ordered them and thats what they told him..

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
most trackday organizers only allow leather 2-pc or 1-pc suits that zip together. On rare occasion you can find one that allows textile 2-pc suit that zips together.

And once in a great while you can find one that allows "street" clothing, but thats usually onle a lap or two at 'parade' pace, at least thats what Ive seen.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't think any reputable track will let you out without leathers. I have seen places in cycle world and road racer X that will rent you leathers via fedex. You may check that out since you got time to plan it out. I think the rental and shipping was less than 100.00. It is true about not skimping, you always get what you pay for and be forewarned; riding on a track is more addictive than a lot of drugs you can never get enough, and riding on the street is ruined forever once you have felt the pureness of the track. I despise riding on the streets now because there is too much to worry about!

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
Boaz said:
riding on the street is ruined forever once you have felt the pureness of the track
I think that is the best way to explain the way I have been feeling for the past three weeks. I have only ridden street twice since my first trackday at the rally and can't wait to go to my next one.

As far as the leathers go, get some. I don't feel like I can ride without them now.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
amen dude... even 2 lowsides haven't gotten me down on going back to the track! i haven't done anything in my life that requires so much focus and concentration. nothing touches it!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
ALL I need r sum leather pants to go w/ my joe rocket jacket, but im just a po boy from socal...as soon as i get those i will start get the bike ready, so im shooting for early next year.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you know which association or track you are going to do a track day with then you can ask them directly. Most I know of don't allow two piece suits that don't zip all the way around your body. The Joe rocket jackets I have all only zip in the middle of the back; you should really ask first because I would hate for you to waste the money on them pants and get turned away. In all of this just remember it is about safety not them trying to be a pain in the A$$ these rules are to save life and limb.

·
Registered
95 Posts
NESBA rents leather for the day $50 plus deposit. New Astars.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Please make sure you get a suit that is gong to survive a high speed get off. A cheap suit may not be made of a very good quality leather. I would hate to see you get serious rash from a get off because the leather was too thin or poorly stitched or any number of other cheap shortcuts. 99% of the time you get what you pay for. Just remember that if you go to the track enough, it is not a question of if you crash, but when.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want to thank all you guys for your concern. I made a deal with a friend of mine to buy his Teknic racing leathers for $300 because he has gotten a little too big for them. They were only used on 4 track days and never kissed the pavement.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts