Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im like a kid a week before christmas LoL. took monday off!!! get to spend the weekend watching racing!! then all day on the track monday!!!

bike is almost ready. just got to swap out the rear tire for a better one. and take the winter coolant out!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Nice! Which track?????

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Trackdays during the week are the best. Typically not Packed and you're not at work!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
running Nelson Track at http://www.shannonville.com/

and for you pic whores!!

coolant is swapped out, battery if fubar so i gotta steal the one from my 929. Im mounting the rear tire tomorrow at my buddies house, then she will be ready to rip around the track.

and Jason at STG cause the guy hooked me up with a wicked deal on gear last year (it saved my ass, literally). They offer military discount!!! even to us Canadians!!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
running Nelson Track at http://www.shannonville.com/

and for you pic whores!!

coolant is swapped out, battery if fubar so i gotta steal the one from my 929. Im mounting the rear tire tomorrow at my buddies house, then she will be ready to rip around the track.

and Jason at STG cause the guy hooked me up with a wicked deal on gear last year (it saved my ass, literally). They offer military discount!!! even to us Canadians!!

Lucky you are getting out there so soon. i have only ever riden calabogie - and in comparison i hear that shannonville is 'bumpy' to say the least.. kinda makes me not want to go there. I feel i would just be dissapointed..

I would like to try Mirabel this year though - or maybe Mosport

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as a calabogie guy, you would hate it at shanny. but its rnd 1 of the race series and a lot of friends are gonna be there, so its gonna be a weekend of racing (me spectating), some beer drinking, and if no one crashes i wont even have to lift a wrench!! then monday track day and then back home. im hoping to do at least 1-2 days at bogies this year, but the F4i would need some work to hold my fat ass around it safely, because the suspension is completely stock. i push a little over 220 geared up,.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
trackday is Done!!! was an awesome day. it rained ALL day. only 14 bikes out there, so it was an open track all day. got decent times, not as low as i wanted, but i beat my personal best (1:16 in the dry) managed a 1:15.17 in a down pour. This was on a bone stock 05 CBR600F4i. pics and videos to follow. its time to shower and rack out. gotta get up early for work tomorrow.

thanks to sandy and sheena at PRO 6 cycle!!!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Nice, looking forward to the vids/pics. I always try to book my days last minute to try to avoid rain. (never tried rain tires yet - I like the idea of dry traction)

I am on stock suspension (professionally adjusted) I tip the scales at 195 in gear.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im about 225 geared up on stock suspension. im telling you after running rains today. its insane. one lap to warm them up then go. i only locked up the rear once and it was because i missed a gear and was cookin on the brakes to make a turn (same result would have happened on DOT race off warmers). it was my first time using rains, it was awesome. im gonna book my trackdays for when it IS raining!!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Hmmmmmm. Sounds like I might just have to try it out. Where did you get your rains from an how much were they? Do you use warmers on rains?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no warmers. just one medium lap. followed by on the throttle. talked to a pro rider they had hanging out (horrible with names). he said do your shifting, breaking, and accelerating all as seperate movements, neutral throttle in the turn. but upright you can ride it likes its stolen.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
apparently i took a pic of myself on the go pro... i only have 2 videos right now, (they are uploading). i will have the rest later, in between sessions i was taking them out and copying them to my friends laptop so the cards would be empty every time i went out

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
heres a rainy day video. RPMs stay low to keep the power down a bit.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Gonna have to watch when i get home - work blocks youtube - effers!!!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its not very exciting LoL,. slow times. about 18-20secs off the pro's times. 1:16 is the limit of the F4i on that track. any faster and i would have had the front end sliding out. the puddle at turn 7 was so deep that if you went through it it would splash your boots.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
passing a full prepped gsxr750. its a bad ass bike, my buddy let me take it out for a few laps.. pure crazy, my warm up laps on it were as fast as my fast laps on the f4i. its got everything!!

k i uploaded them to youtube. so you dont need a photobucket account.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
heres passing the 1000. like i said before the guy was on DOT's i was on race rains.

he was a green group guy so it took me a while to find a spot to pass safely, when i did pass him he backed off on the straight, first time i went outside but didnt get up far enough for him to see me. the guy was real cool, if you came out of the hairpin with him he wouldnt motor past you he let you go!!

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
passing a full prepped gsxr750. its a bad ass bike, my buddy let me take it out for a few laps.. pure crazy, my warm up laps on it were as fast as my fast laps on the f4i. its got everything!!

That's a pretty cool pic bro!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts