Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share some pics of my last 2 track days. These were my 2nd and 3rd trackdays, I had my first back in July, and now I'm hooked:drunk:

I just signed up for 2 more within the next month. On to the pics:

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Sweet pics man. you really have that "look where you want to go" down pretty good. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Nice, very good progress for 2 trackdays!

·
Registered
35 Posts
JRoss993

I was looking to go to the track this season and wondered if you could tell me more. Some buddies and I were getting together to go to NJMP, however, it is 3 hours from us and this is only 1 hour.

The biggest problem is we dont have suits for the track but we have all the other gear. Also this will be our first time going. Can you tell me more about it they rent suits like NJMP, what needs to be done to the bikes (safety wire, water wetter) and when you are going? Maybe we can all meet up. I am on a 08 1000rr and the others are on 600rr 04 and 07.

Thanks for the help.

Jed

[email protected]

·
Registered
853 Posts
Did you have your first tyrack day of the year in July, or first track day ever?? Because you look like you know what you're doing! Very nice.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm a quick learner so I got the body positioning thing down pretty fast, and I really feel comfortable now.

The track was really nice, I liked it a lot. On Saturday we did the south course, and Monday was the North course counterclockwise. I liked the North course better, but it might have been because I was in novice on Saturday and I was being held up by slower riders. They bumped me to intermediate for Monday and by the end of the day I was still being held up, so next time I'm doing advanced.

I'm going back on October 12th and they're doing the full course that time, I can't wait. If any of you guys can I recommend coming out for it. I ride with Sportbike Track Time.

Monticello Motor Club is a private car club so they dont usually have trackdays open to the public, especially not for motorcycles, so I took advantage of that by going both days. It's a great facility, and it's the closest track to me which is a huge plus. And the track is great!

Scorpiao - this july was my first trackday ever, I've only been riding for a little over a year now.

oreokid - I'm about the same distance as you to both NJMP and Monticello. I had my first trackday on NJMP and I liked the track a lot. I dont think they rent suits at Monticello, if you look on sportbiketracktime.com they don't say anything about it. That site has pretty much all the info you need.

If this is your first time you will have to sign up for novice and pretty much all that you have to do to your bike for novice is tape up the lights. If you and your friends end up going let me know, I'll meet up with you guys. What part of NY are you from?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Looking really good! What kind of tires were you running?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts