Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm 19, my brothers are 20 and 25. All fairly young. I live with my parents and my 20 yr old bro, and my parents are ABSOLUTELY against the track day (we already paid so we're going no matter what :crackup:)
They think i'm crazy (got in 3 car accidents) and still going at it.
To the point, how'd your parents react?

D

·
0 Posts
My dad went to the track with me and rode. I was 18 my first trackday, he was 50.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm 21 and did my first track day about 5 months ago. my parents didn't like the idea at first, but i tried to explain that is probably safer then riding on the road with traffic, and dumb soccer moms driving suvs.
i'm doing my second track day in a little over a week and my mom seems more uneasy about it this time after seeing video of how fast i was going on my first track day, lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aw geez. Haha my mom would come and watch us, but she'd freak out at the speeds and she thinks we'll be racing with each other haha. My dad brought up a statement from some dude "If its bound to happen, it will happen." He was referring to us setting ourselves up for an accident. That's my support :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
well and accident going fast on the track is going to turn out a lot better then an accident going to fast on the street. if you low side in a turn at the track you won't get run over by a car going the other way or hit a tree

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
So your dad is a realist. I'm sure they're smart enough to realize you're making a grown decision taking it to the track eliminating as many variables as you can. You and your brothers going to the track day all riding?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
my pops comes with me to some of my trackdays. both my parents are supportive.
ive educated them between street and track. and they prefer me to ride the track only.
especially after my collision 2yrs ago, where i got t-boned by a cager who didnt see me.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
my pops comes with me to some of my trackdays. both my parents are supportive.
ive educated them between street and track. and they prefer me to ride the track only.
especially after my collision 2yrs ago, where i got t-boned by a cager who didnt see me.
that doesn't count, ur old fooker! he's a kid living w/his rents:retard:

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
:crackup:you don't even ride anymore...mr lemme smoke another cancer stick first:drunk:

am i older??? you just look hella old huh? i thought fobs age well?:retard:
:crackup::crackup::crackup:
youre the one that dont ride. ur not down anymore! excuses after excuses.

mexicans are darker fobs. cant really see their faces. hard to tell age. but i know your true identity.

im white btw! :fyou::crackup:

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
My parents think trackdays are a waste of time. I respectfully disagree...

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
:crackup::crackup::crackup:
youre the one that dont ride. ur not down anymore! excuses after excuses.

mexicans are darker fobs. cant really see their faces. hard to tell age. but i know your true identity.

im white btw! :fyou::crackup:
how can i be FOB if i jumped the fence faggle???:fyou:

bwahahaha, what excuses???? why you ducking all my trackdays??? first you do BW instead of big willow, and now you ran up north instead of doing BW on monday...pshhhh. the 18th, big willow ur not down! race WERA West nov 7th, you in???? vegas 11.28, i'll even comp you that day!:drunk:

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
how can i be FOB if i jumped the fence faggle???:fyou:

bwahahaha, what excuses???? why you ducking all my trackdays??? first you do BW instead of big willow, and now you ran up north instead of doing BW on monday...pshhhh. the 18th, big willow ur not down! race WERA West nov 7th, you in???? vegas 11.28, i'll even comp you that day!:drunk:
jumped the fence? you swam across the river to get to the fence. :crackup:

where you at sucka?!?! chuckwalla, beedub, streets?? ive done 3 t-hills already. 4th on monday. thought you wanted to try that track? i see, ur not down. lmfao

and you know im leaving soon. so you cant throw those nov dates at me. id be there if i wasnt leaving. :crackup::fyou:

i will race against you next season!!!

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
jumped the fence? you swam across the river to get to the fence. :crackup:

where you at sucka?!?! chuckwalla, beedub, streets?? ive done 3 t-hills already. 4th on monday. thought you wanted to try that track? i see, ur not down. lmfao

and you know im leaving soon. so you cant throw those nov dates at me. id be there if i wasnt leaving. :crackup::fyou:

i will race against you next season!!!
there's no dayum river in TJ:crackup:

TH is too far for me to be back here and working the next day at 5 a.m. why you always doing monday? :cursin:

well who told you to join the military?:retard:

but to stay on topic....yeah my parents don't give a dayum if i do track days. it's fun to see the worry on their face when i get back from the track with a busted bike and limping tho.

as a parent myself, i already let my son start racing at the age of 9.:drunk:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts