Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just read that Willow Springs canceled all of the TrackDaz events this year. Anybody know whats going on with that? I know TrackDaz moved all its events to Buttonwillow, but anyone know the reason for Willow Springs cancelling?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
uh...they have their own facilities now though...WTF?????

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
From what I hear it had to do with Trackdaz hooking up with the new Chuckwalla series, apparently WSMC (aka Bill Huth) didn't like that they are sleeping with the competition so he got rid of them. Just what I heard...

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
All the drama with these track owners and trackday providers is really f*cking annoying. First all the bitching about tracktactics, now this garbage. Who really does care, at the end of the day there are plenty of providers and plenty of tracks for those of us in cali.
Seriously, its like effing High School again. In the end all they are hurting are the riders, I don't see why they don't get that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Read this discussion.. and you guys are RIGHT.. its total H.S. bs going on.

I was informed 2 Wednesdays ago by Chris Huth that Bill wanted us out. Chris asked for a couple of days to try and change his mind. Having previously had a fairly good rapport with Bill, I called him on his cell the very next evening. After a rather colorful exchange, Bill Huth concluded with canceling our events.

He claimed we lead some sort of crusade against his "emt staffed med center" idea. The reality is that all we did was demand from WSIR the ability to have a paramedic on-site. We didn't care if that paramedic was by Hall Ambulance Services, or another company as long as there was a paramedic on-site.

Riding motorbikes on a racetrack already has plenty of risks. Why add to those risks by not providing your riders the best possible post-trauma care you can?

Anyway.. Hope that clears things up a bit.. No worries.. We've got a full schedule between Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, and Buttonwillow. No need to even bother that place in Rosamond.:banger:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I was informed 2 Wednesdays ago by Chris Huth that Bill wanted us out. Chris asked for a couple of days to try and change his mind. Having previously had a fairly good rapport with Bill, I called him on his cell the very next evening. After a rather colorful exchange, Bill Huth concluded with canceling our events.

He claimed we lead some sort of crusade against his "emt staffed med center" idea. The reality is that all we did was demand from WSIR the ability to have a paramedic on-site. We didn't care if that paramedic was by Hall Ambulance Services, or another company as long as there was a paramedic on-site.

Riding motorbikes on a racetrack already has plenty of risks. Why add to those risks by not providing your riders the best possible post-trauma care you can?

Anyway.. Hope that clears things up a bit.. No worries.. We've got a full schedule between Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, and Buttonwillow. No need to even bother that place in Rosamond.:banger:
Thanks for jumping on and clarifying. Had a great time with you guys last month and look forward to riding with you again in March!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

you guys have Rich Stampp, you need nothing else!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts