Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight so im prepin for a trackday tomorrow and i decided to remove the headlight fuse so the lights wouldnt burn the tape...so i removed the fuse and the bike wont start. so is there any other way to get those lights off? i checked the owners manual couldnt find ****.....this is an 07 by the way

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Just take off the bulbs or unplug the harness and tape it

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
No you do not have to take the whole front apart
just unplug the harness you can not miss it looking
at the bike

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
thanks moe, i just finished up ready for the track
Awesome man are you ready for the real addiction
cause come tomorrow after your first track day
the thoughts of switching to track only will start
to set in have fun out there man and remember
you have nothing to prove to any one :five:

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Have fun at the track. you will be hooked for sure.

on a side note, i usually never mess with my fuses coz you don't know what else may u may disconnect by accident. just pull the light plugs or wire connections off and zip-tie/tape them off.

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
itll be up soon i just gotta wait for the pictures....... all i can say is WOW im in love
Awesome man glad to read you are in love and had a great time :five:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I've been searching all over and haven't found answers. I also have an 07 and am prepping for my first track day. Same problem, fuse doesn't allow the bike to start so I need to disconnect the headlights & third eye. I don't have any manual and from the diagram moeman provided, it doesn't explain enough of how to get at the clip.
I can spot behind the left side dust cover plastic (behind front fairing) that there are two clips. I'm guessing one of those is it but I don't know how to get back there...

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I've been searching all over and haven't found answers. I also have an 07 and am prepping for my first track day. Same problem, fuse doesn't allow the bike to start so I need to disconnect the headlights & third eye. I don't have any manual and from the diagram moeman provided, it doesn't explain enough of how to get at the clip.
I can spot behind the left side dust cover plastic (behind front fairing) that there are two clips. I'm guessing one of those is it but I don't know how to get back there...
Don't be sorry for resurrecting an old thread, searching is awesome. I'm sure someone with the answer will be here shortly.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
You will see the plug that goes onto the headlight bulb, where will be one on each side. Just unplug them...

·
Registered
37 Posts
You will see the plug that goes onto the headlight bulb, where will be one on each side. Just unplug them...
The problem is I don't know how to get behind the lights. I don't know how to remove the plastics, ect, to reach the plugs. Can you guys explain that or have a diagram?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Rotate the dust cover on the back of the headlight anticlockwise and it will come off, then you will be able to see the plug.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Nico, I'm going to try that. Looks like there's 1 screw holding the top of the dust cover, but I couldn't figure what else was holding it down. Spacecadet, I'm not too worried about burning the tape but I just wanted to make my bike more officially track ready for my 1st time.

·
Ain't Even Excited
1,769 Posts
Thanks Nico, I'm going to try that. Looks like there's 1 screw holding the top of the dust cover, but I couldn't figure what else was holding it down. Spacecadet, I'm not too worried about burning the tape but I just wanted to make my bike more officially track ready for my 1st time.
There are no screws! The dust covers are just the two circle shaped pieces that go behind the headlights. A little half turn counter-clockwise will allow them to be easily removed, with the bulbs behind it. Simply unplug the connector to each bulb. Put the dust covers on the same way, but half turn clockwise. Note there are little tabs that go in a specific place to "lock it in"

No screws, no disassembly. Very easy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts