Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I've been negotiating with a dude for about a month. He's got a full Akrapovic Evo System (titanium header, carbon fiber can) and I've got stock headers and a Scorpion slip-on. He wants $550 and my system. To clarify, I give him $550, my headers, and my slip-on, and I get his full system. I had tripage powdercoat my slip-on and my stuff is in great shape. I assume his stuff is in great shape, but I'll be sure before I buy. As part of the deal, I will be doing all the taking apart and installations. What I want to know is; is this a good deal?

I would really appreciate any input. I don't have a great deal of money, so this would be an attractive option as far as getting a full exhaust.

Oh, and please note, if this deal does go down I will be looking to find someone to trade me the titanium slip-on for my carbon fiber one. I don't particularly like carbon fiber.

Here is a picture of my slip-on, you all know what the headers look like.

Here are the post-swap pictures:

His bike with my exhaust on

The dirty pipes

The clean pipes

Installed pics

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
idk what a fair price is but imo used stuff, especially used pipes decrease in price a bit.. depends how good he took care of it i guess....

D

·
0 Posts
That's a damn good deal. I wouldn't mind doing all the work for that kind of trade.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a damn good deal. I wouldn't mind doing all the work for that kind of trade.
Yeah, I'm pretty good at removing fairings at this point, so doing the work will be fine with me. I'll have a friend to help too, so that's a plus.

I'm not a huge fan of my Scorpion slip-on as far as sound and power is concerned, but call me crazy: I really do like the look of it. It's a cheap slip-on, it was on the bike when I got it; I sure wouldn't have put it on.

Thanks for the responses everyone, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'd say that if the full system is in good shape then you should go for it... especially since you didn't even pay for the slip-on that's on there.
I'm curious as to why anyone would want a slip-on and stock headers over a full system though? Maybe it's just easy money for him, idk... That'd make me more inclined to see if he knows how many miles is on it etc

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Do not assume anything get all the confirmation you need
before hand check out the system in person if possible
if not ask for current pictures with a new paper clip
in the same picture showing the days date before
you send any money or even start taking your bike apart

As far as the conditions of the deal they are awesome
as long as they are legit

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do it!

I also see you are in hopkins... i have been to the cheap movie theatre down there a few times.. sister in law used to live in hopkins I think.
Heck yeah dude, $2 a movie. I just saw Iron Man last night!

Moeman, I really should have said: LET'S assume that it's in great shape. I am assuming nothing, I will be riding over to his place to check it out and then maybe try to negotiate more. If it's in non-perfect condition, then I will be reporting back with pictures. Thanks for the paper clip idea, buddy!

The reason that this deal is going down is that I was looking for a full system by looking for bikes for sale that had them. Then I would let them know that they aren't going to get what they paid for their aftermarket parts in the sale of the bike, so I could trade them and we would both end up on top. I'm surprised that I haven't heard of anyone doing that on the forum. I emailed quite a few people and this is the one that came back positive.

The mileage on the bike is around 20,000 miles. When I go to check it out, I'll find out when the system was added.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Man... I'd do that deal any day of the week. I've got the same system on my bike and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

I'm gettin her dyno'd on Saturday!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Heck yeah dude, $2 a movie. I just saw Iron Man last night!

Moeman, I really should have said: LET'S assume that it's in great shape. I am assuming nothing, I will be riding over to his place to check it out and then maybe try to negotiate more. If it's in non-perfect condition, then I will be reporting back with pictures. Thanks for the paper clip idea, buddy!

Sure man going to check it out in person is even better :wave:
best of luck man :five:

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
If the system is in good condition IE, no bad 12 o'clocks or crap like that, and not too many miles, thats a sweeeet deal.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The reason that this deal is going down is that I was looking for a full system by looking for bikes for sale that had them. Then I would let them know that they aren't going to get what they paid for their aftermarket parts in the sale of the bike, so I could trade them and we would both end up on top. I'm surprised that I haven't heard of anyone doing that on the forum. I emailed quite a few people and this is the one that came back positive.
thats a really good idean. im gonna have to try that

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did the swap tonight. I didn't notice this going in, but the dude lives in Mankato, which is 1:20 from me. It took me 3 hours to do the swap, but he had replica fairings from China, so it was a hassle trying to get everything to fit and work. Of course half of the well nuts were messed up and broken... The system is very dirty, I could tell he didn't know much about bike maintenance (no love), and he said he was looking to "upgrade" to a GSXR 1000... I am going to hit it with some header polish tomorrow and get her shinning! I'll have pictures before, during, and after for you'll viewing pleasure.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
id do it ANY day!

the work isnt that bad, yea maybe a few hours, but u get to know ur bike that much more...

since u will be doing the swap urself, then u will be able to see if its good, no need to go over that...

other than wat anyone else said... why havnt u got it yet?!

·
Registered
240 Posts
don't know about pricing and what not, but i'll do it if the price is right! I love akrapovic exhaust, best sounding IMO, not too loud commutting but as soon as you hit the double digit rpms, that bad boy screams!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts