Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i traded my '04 600rr in yesterday for an '03 954. i know it's a bit crazy, but i didn't come out bad in the deal and i think i'll enjoy the new bike. i've always loved the 954 and i wanted a bike that would suit my riding better. i see the 954 as being a bike i can take further distances with a bit more comfort. it will also be more comfortble for my lady i think. i did a dinner ride last night with a good group and enjoyed it. the extra power didn't seem hard to handle, i think a 600 will get you in trouble plenty quick enough. now i just miss the cool mods i did and i'm back to zero with an ugly fender and quiet can. some of you may question why i chose the 954 over an r1 or 1000rr or zx10. partly money since the '03 was heavily discounted and primarily the dealer. i have a great relationship with my honda dealer and frankly if they sold yamahas instead of hondas that is probably what i'd ride. i can walk to the shop, be known by everyone in the place, and know that my bike won't be used for burnouts when i take it in for service. i think i'll hang around this forum even though i've changed bikes. i haven't found anyplace else near as nice for info and wilh the same intelligence level.
i'll keep you posted...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Not a bad trade. My brother traded in his 02' 954 for and 600RR, but that was just cause he wanted to start riding on the track more and need a more suitable bike for his needs... I sure miss that bike though. They look sooo badass. Did you get the red/black or titanium/black?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nice move. I've considered doing the same. Hows it ride comparred to the 600? How much did you get for your 600 and how much did they sell you the 954 for?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Deinitely pretty even trade. Both Honda's ......... 954 or undertail who the hell cares they are both badazz. Good deal.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Yeah, I had a 954 and went down to a 600RR...I miss the power, but I'm a lot happier at the track with my 600RR, the 954 would have whooped my ass there...hell, the 600's throwing me all over the place

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got the red/black one and since i had a red/black 600rr most people won't even know i've switched! the differences aren't huge but they are there. i used to ride bicycles and it's like the difference between a track bike and a road bike. it feels like you're up over the 600 more. the weight is the same and i noticed low speed turning in parking lots was about the same. the motor is just there when you ask, but the quietness was a huge change for me. interestingly there is no gas gauge on the 954. i doubt i'll take it to the track. my 600rr was worth about $7500 and 954 was about $9200. i rolled over the difference into my payments and saw them go up about $50. i'll have to hold off on some mods to make up for the difference but i'm happy with it. oh, won't have to cut holes for sliders! can't wait for a slip-on but will do some good research before i move on it.

H

·
0 Posts
i almost bought a 954 before i choose the 600RR... and honstely the main deciding factor was the insurance prices... in jersey for me 600rr = 820, 954 = 1600+... the insurance was just too much for me to pay right now... plus i really do not want to be spending that much on insurance each year,,,

·
Registered
63 Posts
I debated getting a 954 when I bought my RR too but had the same insurance issuse. $1500 a year is insane. Sounds like a good trade though. The 954's are sweet.

·
Registered
807 Posts
so how much diff is the seating position on the two? is the 954 more comfy for longer rides. i know it'd be nice to have a little more torque down low and i am thinking of getting the 954 becuz of that and a few other reasons :twisted:

(and since my 600 got totalled out i think i'll get enough money from insurance to possiby get a 954)

gotta get a quote on the insurance though.

keep me posted

H

·
0 Posts
i tried to even shop around for a better insurance company with not luck... i called Foremost (sp). which is another bike insurance compant in jersey and they quoted me 3400/year for the 600rr... i laughed and hung up the phone... i guess that i am getting the best deal right now... but even that deal (820/year) seems high to me...

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Congrats on the 954RR. My girlfriend rides one and I can definitely attest to it being MUCH more comfortable than the 600RR. The seat padding is more than adequate and it would be much easier to take long rides without stopping.

My buddy just bought a 954RR too, because of the crazy deals that they have going on the '03 models.

Here's my bike, alongside the other half's....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'm hoping the insurance isn't too much more. i didn't even call! but then again i've had the same agent at state farm for 24 years and i've never had an accident. i'm just hoping it's reasonable. i just called them and said i had a new bike.

wizard...is that your girlfriend in the background?

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
rhu_barb said:
i'm hoping the insurance isn't too much more. i didn't even call! but then again i've had the same agent at state farm for 24 years and i've never had an accident. i'm just hoping it's reasonable. i just called them and said i had a new bike.

wizard...is that your girlfriend in the background?
Yeah, here's another pic from the same day, same general area on the ride.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts