• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
^^^^^^2008^^^^^^

Well I have been thinking. My buddy got rid of his 04 in the spring and now is looking at 07's for a good price before winter. I did not realize that the payments on these bad boys are fairly cheap. After looking at the 07's with my friend I am considering getting rid of mine for a 07 or 08. The only thing is my bike is paid off, mint condition and I love her. The things making me want to move to the newer years are mainly performance but then I am going backwords mod wise and I don't track the bike or even push my 03 to the absolute limit. I guess I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Keep bike continue a few mods and upgrade to a later year when I am sick of my bike. Get an 07 for a year end price in a color I am not exactly fond of. Or.....wait till next spring and buy the pearl orange which I LOVE!!!! But obviously for more money than the closeout 07 price. I personally am leaning tword keeping the 03 longer because I do have a wedding coming up next year and i still love my 03. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Red/Black 08!!! Same bike as the 07 but the red lowers look sweet on the 08!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
If you don't ride through the winter, get an '08 in the spring in the color of your choice.

The '07 is a much improved machine over the one you are riding now. You will notice the difference on your first ride. Engine performance, comfort, braking and handling are all improved.

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i live in MN so riding season is coming to an end fairly quick only about a month and a half or so left. I think I am leaning twords keeping the 03 riding my buddies 07 see how I like it and buying the 08 in the spring if everything goes as planed. Thanks to those who have voted and replied I am awaiting more votes and reply's!!!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I suggest you keep your 03. You love it, its paid off, and its way fast enough for you considering you dont track.

Plus you got a wedding coming up. Use the money you were going to spend on the bike on a great honeymoon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Keep the 03, Paid off is always a great feeling. If your not tracking it or looking for more performance, might as well just hang on to it.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
if u like the 08 pearl, id say get it. the bike is sooo nice and smooth. ive ridden an 03 and an 06 and didnt notice much of a difference. but when i got my 07 it was a major wow. even if u dont ride the bike to its full potential u will still be in love w/ the new bike. not saying ur bike is bad, just the new bike is AMAZING.

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I voted for keeping mainly because I'm still a fan of the 03-06 styling. I'd say keep your 03 until after your wedding and if you have some cash left over, the 08 with the Orange that you LOVE will be on closeout. :)

I like this idea, not bad bad part is what if the pearl orange is a hit like the 07 white and or blue it might be hard to find one. tword the end of the season of next year.

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if u like the 08 pearl, id say get it. the bike is sooo nice and smooth. ive ridden an 03 and an 06 and didnt notice much of a difference. but when i got my 07 it was a major wow. even if u dont ride the bike to its full potential u will still be in love w/ the new bike. not saying ur bike is bad, just the new bike is AMAZING.

I hope my buddie buys his soon so I can ride er and see what I think. Hearing is on thing feeling is another.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey if it was me i'd just get the 2007 b/c its gonna be cheaper when the 2008 comes out....2007 and 2008 are the same thing just paint the plastics...prbly be cheaper to do it that way

·
Registered
91 Posts
Keep the '03. Even low payments are still payments. Get an '08 in '09 when they're cheaper. Never been a big fan of being the "first guy on the block". After a bike's been around a year or two you'll have a better idea what mods to do and what to expect from it since others have already done the experimentation for you on their bikes.

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keep the '03. Even low payments are still payments. Get an '08 in '09 when they're cheaper. Never been a big fan of being the "first guy on the block". After a bike's been around a year or two you'll have a better idea what mods to do and what to expect from it since others have already done the experimentation for you on their bikes.
I here ya I am going to post a pic in here of my 03 maybe that will persuade ppl one way or the other

here you are

·
Registered
502 Posts
Judging from your description of the condition of your current bike and your current riding habits buying the '07 or '08 would be a waste of money for nothing more than bragging rights about having the latest and greatest. Your '03 will last you as long as you care to ride and it is still one of the best performing bikes on the road today, sure the '07/'08 performs better today but tomorrow the '09/'10 will perform even better still and so on and so on (remember these are tiny improvements, not huge leaps in technology). It's just a matter of time before people start telling '07 owners to trade in that piece of sh!t and get the 2011 Honda CBR600RR, which is "so much better".

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Judging from your description of the condition of your current bike and your current riding habits buying the '07 or '08 would be a waste of money for nothing more than bragging rights about having the latest and greatest. Your '03 will last you as long as you care to ride and it is still one of the best performing bikes on the road today, sure the '07/'08 performs better today but tomorrow the '09/'10 will perform even better still and so on and so on (remember these are tiny improvements, not huge leaps in technology). It's just a matter of time before people start telling '07 owners to trade in that piece of sh!t and get the 2011 Honda CBR600RR, which is "so much better".

This has been my fear about the 07 hype from the beginning. I know exactly what your saying. Thanks for the imput

·
Registered
222 Posts
i recommend u keep ur 03, new bikes have a fair amount of improvements, but considering urs is paid for that would make a big difference to me. if you buy new cause of the upgrades you get frustrated that they come out with more upgrades every two years. u could always keep ur bike a little while longer and save up the money to pay for a new rr down the road. i've got an 03 and have this debate every time a new model comes out.

good luck

·
Registered
604 Posts

Sweet Bike!!!
Looks almost like mine.
I vote you keep it. like someone said I don't need to have the latest and greatest. plus since everyone is getting rid of their 03-06's used performance upgrades can be had for short money! no payments means rearsets, wheels, full exhaust etc. since you only ride street im sure you wont feel much difference with a 07-08. plus you do the right mods on your 03 it'll probably be just as quick if not quicker and handle better than a stock 07-08. If you still feel the same next summer get the pearl orange 08 you want.
Im keeping my 03 for a track bike, I did want to get a 08 1000RR for a street bike but not really diggin the way it looks. so now im thinking an 07 repsol 1kRR or a 1098.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts