Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I dont know if I'm putting this in the right section, but I'm think about trading my 2011 cbr600rr with 7000+ miles for a 2008 Hayabusa with 16k miles. The guy wants my bike plus an extra $1000. What do you guys think??

·
Registered
271 Posts
I hate these threads... Posters need to give us more information than just the year and mileage of the bikes. How do you want us to determine it's something worth buying or trading if you don't give us anything else?

I would say from the absolutely not even bare minimum information you've given, I feel this is a stupid trade to begin with.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a perfectly fine hayabusa (clean title) with brand new tires, brakes, sprocket, full Brock's exhaust with power commander 5, and swing arm extended 6", running 200 bhp on the dyno, and 16k miles

Honestly the CBR is great and extremely comfortable and quick but I want something with a bit more power and saw this deal come up. Wasn't sure if I was being ripped off or not

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's a perfectly fine hayabusa (clean title) with brand new tires, brakes, sprocket, full Brock's exhaust with power commander 5, and swing arm extended 6", running 200 bhp on the dyno, and 16k miles

Honestly the CBR is great and extremely comfortable and quick but I want something with a bit more power and saw this deal come up. Wasn't sure if I was being ripped off or not
I would pass on that, you can buy tons of bikes for the same price? Have you ever ridden a streched bike before?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
If you dont care about corners and handling and only straight line speed then fine, but the RR would wipe a busa all day in twisties

·
Registered
479 Posts
Your reason for wanting the hayabusa is clear. What is his/her reason for wanting the cbr600rr?

A person who spent a lot of money making the bike more powerful is now wanting a slower bike. If that person made the modifications not too long ago and now spontaneously wants a slower bike than I would stay away from the deal without thinking twice. Something maybe wrong with the bike.

·
2,862 Posts
Plus they are so ugly compared to well any RR ever made. If you just want a faster bike why dont you just get any of the other liter bikes out there?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
id kbb for a price comparison and go from there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Trade for what YOU want, screw the opinions of people that don't matter.
True but considering he's had his 600 for like 3 months now and it was his first bike.... now decides to move to a Busa putting down 200 wheel. Let's forget the fact that it's streched and probably slammed too. So yea rider with 2-3 months experience already wants to move up because his 600 doesn't have enough power? Okay to me sounds like the stupidest idea ever..... but hey do whatever YOU want and **** what others think.....

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
2,862 Posts
Trade for what YOU want, screw the opinions of people that don't matter.
He clearly said....What do you guys think.... so people have been telling him what they think. If people dont want public opinions then they usually dont ask for them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Your reason for wanting the hayabusa is clear. What is his/her reason for wanting the cbr600rr?

A person who spent a lot of money making the bike more powerful is now wanting a slower bike. If that person made the modifications not too long ago and now spontaneously wants a slower bike than I would stay away from the deal without thinking twice. Something maybe wrong with the bike.
This is the first thing I thought too.

I'd walk on the Busa deal.

If you just HAVE to have a faster bike, my recommendation is to find a low mileage litrebike (way fast enough), and near stock (lower chance of surprise problems). I'd probably go with a CBR or R1, because, well, I just like 'em.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Seems to me that the guy should be giving you the $1000 in the trade. Not the other way around. Yours has half the miles and is a few years newer than his. I'd say your KBB is higher too. But yeah I'd personally never trade my RR for a damn Busa. A Busa is the bike that people, who know nothing about bikes, want. It's a squid mobile. The biggest of all. Keep your RR or sell and get a liter bike if you really think you need more power.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
He should be paying you to take the dirty Suzuki.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts