• 08 1000rr

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a black 07 600rr a month ago and now i'm thinking about trading it in for a 08 1000rr, what do yall think? would you do it? oh yeah and if i did, i would be parting all of the mods on the bike, thanks.

i would make it black of course.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I might be interested in that exhaust if the price is right but for now I vote you keep the 600RR - you said you just bought so you should take some time and enjoy the bike for awhile. Dealer will probably give you crap for a trade in anyway so you might as well wait until the market improves to sell it.

1000RR should be updated for '10 so if you wait until the end of the year you can get an '09 cheap or get an all new '10 model.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
I might be interested in that exhaust if the price is right but for now I vote you keep the 600RR - you said you just bought so you should take some time and enjoy the bike for awhile. Dealer will probably give you crap for a trade in anyway so you might as well wait until the market improves to sell it.

1000RR should be updated for '10 so if you wait until the end of the year you can get an '09 cheap or get an all new '10 model.
+1 Unless the bike is paid off I wouldn't do it. The 1KRR is an awesome bike and I do like that paint scheme, but your bike is still pretty new, have some fun on her first like a track day or something before you give it up.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
If you decide to part out your bike, I'm actually VERY interested in some of your fairings. I recently low-sided mine and am looking to fix her back up. Please PM me if you decide to part your bike out.

If you do upgrade to the 1K, why not the white one? The white looks really clean.

Ride safely.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I'd trade for a 1kRR in a heartbeat.

i've testrode both the 07 600RR and the 08 1kRR; they are both badass! but i dont' know your background (riding experience, 600RR is paid off, etc) so take those factors in consideration. if you're an experienced rider and the bike is paid off, or u don't mind taking a small $ hit at the dealer, go for it man!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paided in cash so the bike is paided off, been riding for about 4 years now and this is my 2 second 600rr, I love it but for some reason the 1000rr has been growing on me big time. just want to get everyones input to help me with a decision.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Do a quick search and you'll find several very good threads with some excellent debates about each bike in direct comparison of one another.

There are several of us on here who currently own both the new 1000RR and new 600RR.

The first question you should ask yourself is:
Why would I get the 1000RR? (seriously ask the question - then answer it)

then:
What are you looking for in a bike? (which you may have answered with the first question)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
This is a 600 site, so no surprise what the poll says. A few things to keep in mind:

Insurance is more on a 1k
Tire purchases are more frequent

IMHO, I would rather have the 600, more so for track riding than anything. Up to you though.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
I paided in cash so the bike is paided off, been riding for about 4 years now and this is my 2 second 600rr, I love it but for some reason the 1000rr has been growing on me big time. just want to get everyones input to help me with a decision.
Well if its paid for, then why not give it a shot. You're not new to the bike scene. So experience isn't an issue. But if it was me I would try and have both. Make one a track bike and one for the streets. Each bike has its pros and cons. Just depends on personal opinion to which one out weighs the other.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
be happy with what you got...its a bueaty btw. on looks alone id say the 1k... but with all the other factors id have to go with the 600rr... i hear on the 1krr u dont have to shift a whole lot... might take the fun out of riding? or perhaps make it better

1 - 13 of 13 Posts