Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have a 2005 600rr, i am thinking about picking up an 08-09 600rr... i'm wondering, however, what differences (besides looks) i will notice with the newer bikes....Pros...Cons...general info. any input is appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
The 07-08 is the same models. 09-10 are the newer models.

I have an 08 and have ridden an 03 which is very similar to yours. You will definitely notice more power on the 08's. They are much quicker.
They are also more agile and light feeling. They have more soul if you will.

I think that if you are looking for an upgraded bike, you will definitely not be going wrong with the 07/08 models.
The 09+ models have the ABS option which will really save your ass if you need it. The plastics are slightly different as well. The ABS models are slightly heavier, but it will more than likely not even be noticed with the average rider. I believe they also have a few less HP, which again will not be noticed by the average rider.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
The suspension is much better on the '07-'10 models. The bike is lighter, more low-midrange power. The wheel base is shorter as well.
It feels like a totally different bike than my '03 IMO.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
05-06 Still the best "looking" IMO ... But like others said, definitely more low-mid power and better suspension on the newer models.
but you just wont look as sexy... :spank:

·
Registered
432 Posts
You will notice a difference with the upgrade.
Ive ridden a few 03-05s and they didn't ride well at all. Not as much power and the handling wasn't there

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Ive ridden a few 03-05s and they didn't ride well at all. Not as much power and the handling wasn't there
That's funny. In the 05 and 06 supersport shootouts the CBR was praised for its handling.

Compared to the 07, you'll notice the 05-06 is heavier, by about 20lbs. I immediately noticed that when I got on my friend's 07. But as far as the power, I didnt notice a different, honestly. Maybe b/c his bike has a full akra system and I have a full Arrow system.

I love the way the 05-06 look over the 07+.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
That could easily be explained by the suspension being set up for the owners style of riding and weight. Just going from one bike to another of the same model can throw you off if its not set up for you and your riding style.

·
Registered
733 Posts
09 has less power, but i think it can be freed via tuning since its the same engine as 07-08 models. its light... 412lb I think. I don't like the engine cover either... but it does reduce the noise.

I say, if you can get 09 for the same price as 08, go for it as it will hold the value over the older model

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
i think the extended fairing on the '09s looks like poop...my vote goes to an '07 '08 rr
I <3 my 09 and it's full coverage lower fairing.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey bro. I noticed your bike is lowered. Are you gonna be lowering the new one too???
i didn't lower my bike, it was like that when i bought it. my plans are to raise it back up to stock ride height. so i will not be lowering a new one if i get it.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
05-06 Still the best "looking" IMO ... But like others said, definitely more low-mid power and better suspension on the newer models.
but you just wont look as sexy... :spank:
:+1::+1::+1:

like others said, suspension depends on tuning and upgrades that the bike has. my 06 even with stock settings was excellent on the track and street. when i was a noob i never even bothered adjusting the suspension settings from stock.

but of course the differences are there from 06-older vs 07's and up. I've ridden a modded 07 and it was a world of a difference compared to my bike (which was stock at the time).

any additional modding and tuning will level the playing field

1 - 18 of 18 Posts