Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant tell you how many time i have to run a red light because ill be sitting there for 5 minutes and get mad, and just go.

I role up to a red light.
and it doesn't register that i am there.

what do you guys do?

i either wait for a car to put up behind me, or just go
lol

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeah that totally sucks! I get off work late at night which sucks b/c there are no cars on the street and i have to sit alone on the street waiting for the light to change! I never take it on red though because there are a lot of cops hiding all the time and those tickets are expensive! :tard:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
turn your bike off. Some of the sensors they put in the street are not weight actuated. They are viberation actuated. You can either hold the throttle down a little bit, or just turn off the bike and turn it back on after a few seconds.

that doesn't work, make friends with the local night Police Department

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well some lights are also light sensitive so try flashing your lights at it... I had one street that I had to roll back and forth for a couple of minutes but I know your pain it sucks...

·
Registered
132 Posts
nice vid!!! yeah i start work at 1am so i have problems with that alllll the time.

pickin some magnets up tomorrow tho, ill let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It's legal here for you to run a red (motorcycle only) if you've waited the appropriate amount of time. Generally, that means one cycle of lights. However, I give it about 30 seconds, and if nothing is coming the opposite direction, I'm off. I'm like you guys, I leave the house at 5:30am and its dead traffic wise.

Might want to check your local regulations about running lights. Maybe there's a law that allows...?

·
Registered
650 Posts
If the light can't detect me, I'm audi. I don't like to wait for stupid sh*t designed to protect us from our "common sense defficiency" moments if no one is around or if the light isn't turning.

The magnets may be the best.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Green light trigger works wonders Google these words

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Agreeing with se7en on this, in both Minnesota and Wisconsin you can go through a red if it's been too long and you don't think the sensors are picking you up, I forgot how you prove this in court if they take your picture in the red though...

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
turn your bike off. Some of the sensors they put in the street are not weight actuated. They are viberation actuated. You can either hold the throttle down a little bit, or just turn off the bike and turn it back on after a few seconds.

that doesn't work, make friends with the local night Police Department
i thot there were some that sensed the amount of lead too?!?! i remember seeing a lil canister with lead it in that u could attach to ur bike..

F

·
0 Posts
In the MSC they said you shouldn't stop in the center of the lane; stop on the edge and it will detect you. There was some reasoning behind that but I forgot what they said. If that doesn't work, you have to wait through two cycles of lights before you can run it. That's California law, but heck if no one is around, who in their right mind is going to sit there that long?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Actually, most sensors that are in the pavement are inductive loop sensors. It uses the amount of metal in the vehicle above it to trigger the light. The 600RR uses so much aluminum and plastic that it will not trigger most of the signals.

Here in NC we have a 3min rule. After 3 min, you can run it..

·
Registered
196 Posts
When they put those sensors in the road there are usually cuts, I was told to put my front tire right on the corner, and it seems to work 99% of the time.

I was told by an officer that if you have waited a reasonable amount of time and the light is not changing, it is considered malfunctioning. A malfunctioning traffic light is treated as a stop sign.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Just run it!

j/k. If thats too "risky" for you then go around the light: make a right instead of a left then make a U-turn.
Problem solved.

·
Registered
63 Posts
any florida riders know how it works here? i just make a right, then a u-turn, then a right (to go straight).. id rather make a u-turn where ur not suppose to than run a redlight (more likely to get a ticket than saying u didnt see a no-u-turn sign)

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Just run it!

j/k. If thats too "risky" for you then go around the light: make a right instead of a left then make a U-turn.
Problem solved.
any florida riders know how it works here? i just make a right, then a u-turn, then a right (to go straight).. id rather make a u-turn where ur not suppose to than run a redlight (more likely to get a ticket than saying u didnt see a no-u-turn sign)

Agree, just easier to make the right turn and u-turn some times. Sucks but that's the burden of riding late/early. I only have a problem with a few lights in my area. Most are sensitive enough for bikes and change.

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
Like I've always said..."No Cop, No Stop." Just kidding, If i can't trigger a green light, being here in florida, I just hand a right then a U-turn then hang my right and proceed to my destination =P

Doug

·
Registered
53 Posts
In South Carolina you only have to wait two minutes. Definitely check out local laws, most states understand the problem and either already have a law in place for running red lights or have one in the works.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts