Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and thanks for looking and a big thanks for those who comment.

Name is Vic, i have an 04 600rr with 40k miles. My tranni makes a nasty grinding noise in 4th gear but every other gear is fine. I know my mileage is high so im really looking for a place to get a full rebuild kit for my bike. Ive searched so many times and i cant find anything.

Can you guys please point me in the right directions. Id like to rebuild the tranni and the engine too.

Thanks So much,

Vic

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
oh right, that kind of tranni lol

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
If you're only looking for OEM performance (no special applications) your best bet would be to go with OEM parts.

As with any OEM parts, check bikebandit. Honda East Toledo, etc.

A full transmission will run you about $900 new. That includes main shaft, counter shaft, all your sprockets, washers, clips and rings.

OR Check out EBAY. People sell parted motors all the time. You can likely get a whole transmission for around $200. There's a little bit of risk in this. Make sure you get extremely high quality photos and check all contact surfaces for any wear and tear.

Or you can just replace the gears that are grinding. Most likely two sprockets and a few washers/spacers and possibly a selector. Run you about $350 total in parts.

I would go the ebay route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts