Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When exactly do you experience grinding and jumping? Be specific please.

I think the first time it happened was a couple months ago, end of February? I had just got of work and I work a block or two from a stoplight and when i was coming to the stop right around 2-5 mph it grounded and jumped and that was it. It doesn't happen very often maybe every 3rd or 4th time I take it out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
you should be in neutral if your going less than like 10mph. or have the clutch lever pulled back...

Idk if its hard on the tranny. id think just the engine

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think the first time it happened was a couple months ago, end of February? I had just got of work and I work a block or two from a stoplight and when i was coming to the stop right around 2-5 mph it grounded and jumped and that was it. It doesn't happen very often maybe every 3rd or 4th time I take it out.

So it only happens when you are going 2-5mph in first gear? Is your clutched pulled in during this time?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
I cringe when I hear or sense tranny issues. Hope that's not the case with yours...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Phrasing :lol:
...anyone? hahha
Bah! You beat me to it... Took a look at the thread because of the odd title, and wasn't disappointed at the contents.

OP, not sure if it could cause jumping, but could the starter motor be engaging causing the grinding noise?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've been really thinking about it and the only thing I can think of is I might be leaving my kickstand down. The sensor doesn't work so it will start with it down and I do leave while turning to the right. But I'm not sure. I'll be paying more attention to it to see if that's what is going on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the same issue with my kickstand sensor on an SV650 years ago. It would run and then act funny. Sometimes shutting off. After dealing with it for a week I figures it must be the kickstand. It had a bunch of gunk in it, so I cleaned it off and the problem was fixed. Give it a shot, at least you can check that off the list.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
I thought this was a philipino he/she thread lolol

·
Registered
966 Posts
Open the case and inspect the clutch. If its fine, you have Bruce Jenner problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts