Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just hit 40K on my 2006 RR and when I go from N to 1st it goes...click click click clank and goes into first. If I slam the shift lever hard enough then it goes in without making the clicking sound. I can also feel it in the foot lever so I fear its my tranny going? Its fine through the rest of the gears...any ideas?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
sounds like you are just being too soft on the shifter man...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
sounds like you are just being too soft on the shifter man...
doubtful only b/c its never had this issue before and ive been riding this bike since 3K...just clicked over to 40K today...and I mean I really gotta slam it to miss the clicking and the feeling in the foot lever...

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
You may have a worn detent star... you may also have worn dogs or whatever the holes are that the dogs go into on the gears - I can't remember the name right now.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found out what it was! my sato setup kept pushing the kickstand sensor and wasnt allowing it to engage all the way and getting it the way so i cleaned it and fastened it down so everything moved freely and she shifts like new again! :)

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Found out what it was! my sato setup kept pushing the kickstand sensor and wasnt allowing it to engage all the way and getting it the way so i cleaned it and fastened it down so everything moved freely and she shifts like new again! :)

rock on, so i wasnt too far off, you definitely had to push harder to move that sensor! :crackup:

glad it was nothing serious, enjoy.:cruising:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rock on, so i wasnt too far off, you definitely had to push harder to move that sensor! :crackup:

glad it was nothing serious, enjoy.:cruising:
:+1:, she shifts smoother than ever after a good cleaning and reassembling.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love seeing our bikes with that many miles running strong.
Yup!!:banger: give em proper care and they keep :spank:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts