Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike now has around 30k miles on it and I'm starting on worry about the transmission after a significant amount of track days, clutchless upshifts ect.

Here are some reasons for my concern.

1. the 1st gear (jerk, or clunk) seems much much more pronounced than it used to be, specially compared to other bikes. Bike doesn't actually move forward but the clunk seems much louder and more violent.

2. occasionally 2nd gear will 'bounce' between what it feels like the gear itself and my foot (the shifter actually bounces back and forth) until its into neutral again -- This is not a common thing but does happen on occassion. (could just be me shifting up too weakly, idk)

3. Rolling the bike in 1st gear with the clutch IN, takes more effort and makes a slightly different noise, than rolling the bike in N.... This is the most recent development.

Planning to do 2 more track days in June... Should I be worried about my tranny?

if it makes any difference bike is an 2005 600rr.

·
Registered
306 Posts
1. Check your chain slack
2. Preload the shifter slightly then return the throttle slightly while pulling the clutch in at the same time, see if it still does it.
3. That sounds normal

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
adjust your clutch
:+1:

And the bouncing of the shifter will have been caused by the dogs trying to engage, a bit more pressure with the foot and a properly adjusted clutch will see that set to rights.

If you can't get it to adjust far enough you may have a stretched clutch cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts